The Nissan Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is it going guys. As title said my car won't start, here is a brief story.

car: Nissan Altima 2012, 4 cyl, sedan

Yesterday the car started fine, I'm parked in a private parking lot outside. We drove about 4 miles and turned the car off. 2-3 hours later tried to turn on the car and it kind of struggled, still started though. Tried again starting it again a few minutes later, this time the car won't start.

The pedals are now very firm, very hard to push down. Nonetheless when I try to turn on the car it goes from ACC->ON->Click noise->No start. The radio still works, the lights are not dim as far as I can tell, A/C and heater turns on at "ON". Brake lights all come on when I press on the brakes. My gas tank is nearly empty, 37 mile range, about an 8th inch off off E. The only thing off, is my cigarette lighter port will not charge my phone anymore. I tried a jump starting with a booster, did not work. Every now and then the car will get close to turning over but then just stop, click noise from the hood, and turn off.

I'm not sure if it's normal, never really noticed, but when I press (only press) on the brakes it dims all the reading lights. Also when I try to start the car, all the lights, including headlights, will turn off and turn back on as the car tries to start. Also I did check, and I'm in parking "P".

Methods I've tried so far that have failed:

1)Holding down the accelerator for a few minutes turning, then trying to start the car.

2)Booster jump start (battery for booster was at 2 bars our of 3).

3)Pumping the brake for a while so it'll depress with further ease, (it was easier to press even though it almost immediately was hard again), did not work,

4)Holding down accelerator and brake simultaneously

TL;DR- Car wont turn over, a click noise comes from the hood every time I try to start and fails.

I'm at a loss here guys, anyone know what it could be? How much would the fix cost? Thanks a lot guys.

·
2010 2.5 SL
588 Posts
Sounds like a dying battery to me. I had similar issues when my battery was not connected tightly enough and wouldn't take a charge. I'm not a mechanic, so I'm only able to repeat what I was told.

Best I can suggest is to leave the booster connected for a minute or two; that got my car stated when trying right away was no help.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I agree with MRR....bad battery. Replace and all will be good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts