The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
$29,200 nissan lost it head, you can get a 05 280 hp g35, a 271hp Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, 287hp Nissan 350z or a 300hp Subaru Impreza WRX STI for around the same price. no even better buy a 05 altima se and put a intake on it. nissan dealers ships will be give se-r away by january.

ps. i feel sorry for the poor people who pre-ordered the Se-R cause by is winter they will be going invoice or less. your better with a 05 G35 280hp AT and 298 6speed MT. :angry2:

·
NWS Citizen
1,245 Posts
damn for that amount of money its in the tl/g35 territory.
If you're looking for a fast car, there's better/faster in that price range ( 350z,evo,sti,gto,srt-4,even a 3.5's a better value lol)
If you're looking for a sporty luxurious family car, there's also better in that price range (acura tl,g35,maxima,legacy gt)

Nissan has lost its mind. $30k....**** THAT!

·
Shift_4Yourself
734 Posts
Just curious how much you guys paid for your Altimas? I priced out a 05 3.5SE on the US website with leather (can you get a sunroof with the leather??) and it came to 26,700. That makes the SE-R (bigger wheels, better stereo, more HP (arguably not enough), better brakes and suspension) for an extra $2500. Is it really such a bad deal?

I know that in the US there are other cars in that price bracket, but in Canada, if the SE-R comes in around $36,000, it will be a steal (I'm counting the price of a loaded 3.5SE plus $2500*1.3).

Am I missing something?

·
Registered
155 Posts
ncnmra, to answer your question:
I think that the Canadian market got the "better deal". Finally we Canadians get a break! BTW, where you from?

I put a deposit down for an auto (WIFE ok!), smoke SE-R. Total CDN MSRP is $35,698
FYI- "up here" we can't touch a TL, STI, G35 for 35G's...they are all in the mid-40's

Also, the SE-R's are, as I was told, only a dealer order - therefore I really don't think they will have a problem selling them....

can't wait!

·
Shift_4Yourself
734 Posts
silverss,

Is the price you quoted official? My dealer in London, ON doesn't know any details yet. They claim that they are getting a few, but he also told me that it will have 275hp :) I'm holding out until something offical is stated. The dealer already wants me to put up a deposit.

I agree, us Canadians always get shafted. Perhaps this will be an exception! :)

Have they given you any definite information?

·
Registered
155 Posts
ncnmra said:
silverss,

Is the price you quoted official? My dealer in London, ON doesn't know any details yet. They claim that they are getting a few, but he also told me that it will have 275hp :) I'm holding out until something offical is stated. The dealer already wants me to put up a deposit.

I agree, us Canadians always get shafted. Perhaps this will be an exception! :)

Have they given you any definite information?
Yes the price is confirmed - hopefully they won't cahrge you over MSRP...I have put it on order with a deposit. if you want it that bad, go for it.
The dealer actually went to a sales rally for the Altimas (& saw the SE-R) & have confirmed the details. I was going to wait to order it but I have it in writing that if for any reason i don't want it, i do not have to take it (essentially I have dibs on it with the money down). they would have no problem selling it if i am not interested.
-I saw the spec sheets...265hp is confirmed.
-all dealers are only going to get 3 as an initial order
-they are forecasting that only 10% of ALL altima sales will come from the SE-R (5%auto/5%manual)
-the exhaust sound will be like the Z
-he said its stunning (but agreed that the wheel gap has got to go!)

·
Shift_4Yourself
734 Posts
silverss,

Where are you leasing from?

If you wouldn't mind posting your lease details. What are the monthly payments like? I most likely will go that route. Any idea if the 6sp is more or less money?

Thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey Silverss, you said that you saw the spec sheet and that the se-r is going to have 265 hp, but I thought that it was only going to have 260 hp. Can anyone else confirm how many hp the se-r is going to have.

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
655 Posts
all you guys are basing the price of the SE-R off of hp and not to mention comparing it to other brands like subaru and mits- please if you think the build quality of nissan is not better than sub or mits you are fuking nuts. A 350Z performs almost identically to a carerra and for half the price- but people buy them because for the quality and handling (brakes, susp) not everything is about speed.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts