The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please help out. I have a Nissan Frontier 2000 model that's cranking but won't start. I noticed there is oil leakage all over engine as well. What can I do?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Fix the leak first. Find out where oil is leaking from. Clean all the oil using degreaser, and dry the area. inspect it later for oil.

It is possible that the leak led to "crank no start".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've done that but still not starting. Upon conducting a thorough check, I've found out that there's a transistor in the ECU that's blown. How can I fix this?

·
Registered
23 Posts
You need a new e ECU then.

But why you have a blown transistor in your ECU in first place?

Water damage?
Is it related to the oil leak?

Check the head cover for leak.
When was the first time you noticed the leak?
When was the last time you or someone else worked on the engine (oil change, spark plug change ...)? Was there any leak at that thing?
Perhaps oil leak led to the damaged ECU?

You need a new ECU, sure. But you also need to fix the oil leak or whatever factor damaged the ECU, otherwise you’ll bleed the ECU again.

Edit: take a picture from the leak area and post here. Also if you have any scanner, scan the car for fault codes.

2019 Rogue SL w/Prem.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I've done that but still not starting. Upon conducting a thorough check, I've found out that there's a transistor in the ECU that's blown. How can I fix this?
How do you know the ECU is damaged? What tests were performed? Did you perform an ECU code readout with a portable scan tool to see if any fault codes are set. Post the actual codes here on the forum so that we may be able to help you further. If there is one or more fault codes set, they can help point to the malfunction. If you have a copy of the FSM for your vehicle, the code readout procedure is described there along with a listing of codes.

Before condemning the ECU, there are two 10A fuses that power the ECU; check those. There is also an ECU relay that could be bad.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
X2, many ECUs get changed for no reason, I used to sell them. Never just accept somebody saying that, it is often the mechanic that is incompetent and a favorite ploy to gret big money.

Check the oil level, if all gets fixed it would be stupid to then break the engine over it having pumped all the oil out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts