The Nissan Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Rogue and the heater stopped getting warm unless you turned it up to 90. I took it to Nissan and service told me that the blend door actuator had stripped out the plast on the housing of the HVAC housing and the whole Box needed replacement. $2700.00! Has anyone had this issue or heard of a repair instead of $2700 going to the service department? I know Dorman makes a repair kit for Jeep and a few others but not Nissan or at least not to my knowledge.Thanks, RS

· Registered
2,892 Posts
I have a 2017 Rogue and the heater stopped getting warm unless you turned it up to 90. I took it to Nissan and service told me that the blend door actuator had stripped out the plastic on the housing of the HVAC housing and the whole Box needed replacement. $2700.00! Has anyone had this issue or heard of a repair instead of $2700 going to the service department? I know Dorman makes a repair kit for Jeep and a few others but not Nissan or at least not to my knowledge.Thanks, RS
Is there a reason you only went to only one Nissan dealer for an estimate?

· Registered
3,601 Posts
What you get with cheap crap design parts and note they are used to effect the max amount of cost to repair. They are still using the engineers all right, they just turned them inward to quit fixing to improve things, now they are used to generate more profit for the company.

· Registered
3,601 Posts
A lot of the cheap crummy controls used now that are electric rotate in the direction to either open or close the door but they never stop working unless the switch is turned back off. Meaning the door keeps trying to open more once it is all the way open , or close the same way. If the motors would just turn off the parts would not strip nearly so easy.

· Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2017 Nissan Rogue also and the same issue of the striping of the actuator has happen. Auto repair shop quoted me $2000. This seems to be a major issue for Rogues. Does Nissan have a recall on this, if not maybe there should be one.

· Registered
1 Posts
I feel like I have the same issue with my 2018 Rogue at 16900 miles. However, after Nissan told me what they did, I took it home and drove another car for a while and made an appt with Midas to get a second (actually third) opinion. I went to drive the Rogue and the heat was on BOTH sides! Just today, my spouse said it started blowing cold again. This makes me wonder if mine is electrical. Going to look for a schematic for it and see if there is a possibility.

Thing is, if I go spend the $3000 to have the thing replaced and it does NOT work, then what?

I recall in 1991, I went to Nissan in Denver to get my car fixed before heading to Las Vegas (1982 Datsun 200SX) and the thing would not accelerate clean. Nissan said it was a $500 computer. I went to a local shop and had it fixed running fine and did not replace the computer...cleaned connections. Another reason I'm hesitant to have Nissan work my vehicle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts