The Nissan Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know where I can get a "Nissan Oxygen Sensor Wire Harness Extension" from.
Long story short, I installed cattman headers on my Auto Nissan Altima SE-R over 8 years ago and you need to extend both your primary O2 sensors. Found a guy on this forms that already had them both extended. So I paid him for them and they worked fine all the way to now. So finally one has failed and I am looking once again for a longer primary oxygen sensor, because we all no how damn sensitive they are.

All things I have found out so fare.
DO NOT SOLDER
Used Butt Connctors
Have To Find O2 Sensor Wire

Or if I just could find a "Nissan Oxygen Sensor Wire Harness Extension" I know they make them for the Honda boys.

·
Mackdaddy
83 Posts
Just get some O2 sensors for a 350z as they have a longer pigtail on them, that's what I did as I just installed Cattman headers back in Oct of '15 and had the same problem as you did.

·
Mackdaddy
83 Posts
Walker Products 250-25005 is what I got. They are nearly 24 inches in length and were more than long enough .. these are the upstream sensors.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What year of 350z ill just pick up one of them

What year of 350z would work?

Just get some O2 sensors for a 350z as they have a longer pigtail on them, that's what I did as I just installed Cattman headers back in Oct of '15 and had the same problem as you did.

·
Mackdaddy
83 Posts

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fudge not again

Just got in the mail O2 sensor "Walker Products 250-25005" was this for the primary O2 sensors?
I just changed out the primary O2 sensor on the radiator side and then took it for a test drive. Fuuuuuuudge the S.E.S. light came back on with the same code as before P-1273 air/fuel ratio sensor.

I chose the same year model as my Se-r, '06. But if you google up that Walker part number in that screenshot that I attached in my message above, that's the exact ones that I bought.
Walker Products 250-25005
Amazon.com: Walker Products 250-25005 5 Wire Wideband Sensor: Automotive

·
Registered
449 Posts
If it's a single wire O2 sensor, just get the same size insulated wire and solder it on then shrink-wrap it.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Found a fix

So last spring I got an P-1273 code. Fixed that by replacing the primary O2 sensor on the radiator side with an Walker Products 250-25005.
Don't forget after you replace any sensors like an O2 sensor you have to do an self-learning clearing procedure must be performed.

1. Start engine and warm it up to normal operating temperature.
2. Turn ignition switch OFF.
3. Disconnect mass air flow sensor harness connector, and restart
and run engine for at least 5 seconds at idle speed.
4. Stop engine and reconnect mass air flow sensor harness connector.
5. Make sure DTC P0102 is displayed.
6. Erase the DTC memory.
7. Make sure DTC P0000 is displayed.
8. Run engine for at least 10 minutes at idle speed or drive for a short distance

Hope it will work for you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts