The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am new to this forum and I am looking for help/guidance on the purchase of Nissan Pathfinder Ti-R52-2013/14, an used vehicle. It looks all good by the look of it. However, when I checked in various forums, it says the CVT transmission failure in this model (earlier to 2016 as I recollect) versions is quite common.
This car is driven less than 150k KM and it is well maintained.

Could some of the automobile-experts help / let me know how to check this (with the help of Mechanic though) ?

Regards
SKB

·
Vendor
127 Posts
Hi,
I am new to this forum and I am looking for help/guidance on the purchase of Nissan Pathfinder Ti-R52-2013/14, an used vehicle. It looks all good by the look of it. However, when I checked in various forums, it says the CVT transmission failure in this model (earlier to 2016 as I recollect) versions is quite common.
This car is driven less than 150k KM and it is well maintained.

Could some of the automobile-experts help / let me know how to check this (with the help of Mechanic though) ?

Regards
SKB
Hello,

Nissan's CVTs have had a variety of problems since they were introduced (you can read our article about Nissan's CVTs, here). Your mechanic should check the fluid condition and use an OEM-enhanced scan tool to check the TCM for codes. The "judder code of death" does not turn on the check engine light and can only be found by checking the codes in Nissan-enhanced data (Global OBDII doesn't work). The CVT overheat counts are also worth checking with a scanner.

That being said, even if your mechanic gives your CVT the green light, you could still experience problems down the road.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,

Nissan's CVTs have had a variety of problems since they were introduced (you can read our article about Nissan's CVTs, here). Your mechanic should check the fluid condition and use an OEM-enhanced scan tool to check the TCM for codes. The "judder code of death" does not turn on the check engine light and can only be found by checking the codes in Nissan-enhanced data (Global OBDII doesn't work). The CVT overheat counts are also worth checking with a scanner.

That being said, even if your mechanic gives your CVT the green light, you could still experience problems down the road.

Thank you very much for your quick and wonderful response.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts