The Nissan Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed a rattling sound while accelerating in my new 2022 Sentra (<1000 miles). I had the car checked out at M'Lady Nissan, and they told me it was normal. I also test drove a different brand new sentra at a different Nissan dealership and heard the same sound while accelerating. It sounds kind of like a cricket, and is a pretty annoying sound for a new car. I'd like to get the issue resolved, but am not sure what I should do. I also here a rattling sound when I first turn on the vehicle for a little bit (probably <15 seconds), but am not sure if the two sounds are connected. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@telt35 I had my car inspected twice by the Nissan dealership where I purchased the car. At one point they test drove two other Sentras on the lot, and the exact same noise was heard. The dealership has confirmed that it is a normal characteristic of the Sentra, and there is no problem. So at this point three other new Sentras have been tested in addition to my car, and they all sound the same. I'm relieved that there aren't any issues, but also slightly disappointed that Nissan would release a car that had this sound haha....anyways at this point I've gotten used to it and it's not a big deal to me anymore. Hope this helps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts