The Nissan Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I have a question or two...is this your first car?

My second question...in the two (2) weeks you have owned the car, have you been curious about that packet of books in your glovebox? Curious enough to open any of them to see what useful information they contained?

The Nissan Sentra Owners Manual, Do-it-yourself 8-29, 8-30 and 8-32, 10-14 has this information:

Tire inflation pressure
Check the tire pressures (including the spare) often and always prior to long distance trips. The recommended tire pressure specifications are shown on the F.M.V.S.S./C.M.V.S.S. certification label or the Tire and Loading Information label under the “Cold Tire Pressure” heading. The Tire and Loading Information label is affixed to the driver side center pillar.
Tire pressures should be checked regularly because:
• Most tires naturally lose air over time.
• Tires can lose air suddenly when driven over potholes or other objects or if the vehicle strikes a curb while parking. The tire pressures should be checked when the tires are cold.

The tires are considered COLD after the vehicle has been parked for 3 or more hours or driven less than 1 mile (1.6 km) at moderate speeds.

·
Registered
Nissan Sentra SR 2022
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello and thank you for reply
Information in owner manual regarding tire pressure is general and tires on my car are rated at max 51 psi
Service manager at Nissan told me that my tires are nitrogen filled and pressure is fine
I am little confused and wanted to know your opinion for this matter

thank you

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
What Is Maximum Load Inflation Pressure For a Tire? | Tire Rack

Where is the correct inflation pressure on a car tire?
Many people mistakenly think that the correct inflation pressure is located on the tire’s sidewall. What’s listed on the sidewall is the maximum inflation pressure for the tire but keeping your tires at the maximum PSI could make them wear faster or compromise your traction or braking abilities.

Maximum Tire Pressure
Maximum tire pressure is commonly misinterpreted as the correct tire pressure– that’s not always the case! It’s easy to see why the mistake is made: maximum pressure is printed on the sidewall of your tires. You may have seen these numbers when filling or topping up a tire with pressurized air. While you should never exceed the maximum pressure rating, you should always consult your vehicle’s owner’s manual for the recommended or optimal tire pressure
Recommended/Optimal Tire Pressure
Usually found in the owner’s manual, your vehicle’s recommended or optimal tire pressure may also be listed inside the fuel door, trunk lid, glove compartment or even the edge of a doorframe. Your vehicle’s manufacturer calculates this number after collecting data from rigorous safety, durability and efficiency testing. Inflating above the recommended pressure can result in poor handling and shortened tires life; letting your tires drop below optimal pressure can result in increased wear and decreased fuel efficiency.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Something else for you to consider...the tire manufacturer's warranty.

From your warranty booklet:

WHAT IS NOT COVERED

Tires which become unserviceable due to:

Road hazard injury (e.g., a cut, snag, bruise, impact damage, or puncture, whether repairable or not)

Incorrect mounting of the tire, tire/ wheel imbalance, or improper repair.

Misapplication, underinflation, overinflation, improper maintenance, racing or other abuse.

Uneven or rapid wear which is caused by mechanical irregularity in the vehicle such as wheel misalignment (a measured tread difference of 2/32nds of an inch (1.6mm) or more across the tread on the same tire) resulting in uneven or rapid wear; Accident, fire, chemical corrosion, tire alteration, or vandalism.

Ozone or weather cracking.

Flat spotting caused by improper storage or brake lock

Regardless of what the Mensa candidate Service Manager told you, your tires are grossly overinflated.

·
Registered
Nissan Sentra SR 2022
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you again for reply !
You are absolutely right lowered tire pressure to 37(hot) should be 33-34 at cold and i confirm that car changed completely more quiet on highway stays better on the road
I didn’t expect to be in a situation like this with a new car…why would Nissan dealership do something like this and confirm is oki to

Thank you
Daniel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts