The Nissan Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The Nissan Sentra NISMO is heading to production and spy photographers have caught it testing in downtown Los Angeles, California.

First previewed as a concept model in 2013, the Nissan Sentra NISMO will likely head to dealerships as a 2017 model. Although it has quite a bit of camouflage on its body, we can see that the NISMO variant will have more aggressive styling, with a protruding front lip spoiler, larger side skirts and an updated rear end that features a decklid spoiler and a huge exhaust. There are also LED fog lights up front.

Previously, Nissan executives have said that customer demand would influence the company to build a competitor to the Honda Civic Si and Ford Focus ST. The Sentra isn’t quite a hot hatch, but one could argue that it fits the segment better than the Juke NISMO. Although it’s unclear what powerplant theNissan Sentra NISMO will use, it will likely toss out the 2.0-liter naturally aspirated engine for the 1.6-liter turbocharged four-cylinder mill found in the Juke NISMO. Rounding off the performance modifications should be stiffer suspension and larger wheels and tires.

For the concept, Nissan used a 1.8-liter turbocharged engine with over 240 horsepower and 240 pound-feet of torque, that was actually a bored-out version of the then Juke Nismo RS.
Read more about the Nissan Sentra NISMO Spied Testing in Downtown LA at AutoGuide.com.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,855 Posts

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
I can't wait to see it launched in the market!
Launched is maybe a little optimistic...perhaps smoothly and consistently released into the market with great efficiency and a good deal of boredom?

·
Premium Member
5,855 Posts
Soooooo I guess you guys have heard that Nissan is trying to buy Mitsubishi as, like i said awhile ago, Mitsubishi is in trouble sales wise and model line up wise. IMHO, I think cars like a Sentra SER would greatly benefit from a variant of the 4G63 powerplant if only in a 2wd config like the 1st and 2nd gen Eclipse GST and GSX. If nothing else it would absolutely give the newest Civic Si turbo a run..... CNBC is your friend....lol

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-nissan-mitsubishimotors-investment-idUSKCN0Y227F

·
Registered
81 Posts
I don't see where it says the car will have a CVT. I might be interested if it has a manual and horsepower somewhere close to what the concept version had.

·
Novice Grease Monkey
221 Posts
A 6 speed in a new Nissan is very hard to come by.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts