1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
what is in a name?
2,731 Posts
good find

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Ive been chasing Neishlin for months about a DET longblock they've had but dont wanna get rid of bad enough....maybe one day when I call they'll say YES!

Also, they only go through dealers unless you know someone (I know someone)

·
Registered
368 Posts
damn thank you i needed that info;)

·
Registered
368 Posts
OTB said:
wow 2100 for a starter kit.

that's what i said shit if that's the case then i will be getting turbo sooner than planed!!::eek:

·
H.N.I.C.
3,488 Posts
u'll prob end up at $2900 to $3300 like they said...

it's prob best to go ahead and get the t3/t4 turbo, the intercooler, the piping u can get from F-max, i'd prob jus x out their down pipe and purchase the F-max as well (it is long enough since the kit is supposed to be just bolt on right??) then uprgrade it and the rest of the exhaust later, get some one to weld the oil return piece (oil pan can be bought for cheap from junk yard if need be), u might want a manual boost controller (or spring for wastes gate that allows more boost, depends on your engine condition though), guages for boost n A/F ratio are just about required, u can make it w/o oil pressure n vacuum guages but those are desired to keep things safe....

·
Registered
368 Posts
twofaze said:
u'll prob end up at $2900 to $3300 like they said...

it's prob best to go ahead and get the t3/t4 turbo, the intercooler, the piping u can get from F-max, i'd prob jus x out their down pipe and purchase the F-max as well (it is long enough since the kit is supposed to be just bolt on right??) then uprgrade it and the rest of the exhaust later, get some one to weld the oil return piece (oil pan can be bought for cheap from junk yard if need be), u might want a manual boost controller (or spring for wastes gate that allows more boost, depends on your engine condition though), guages for boost n A/F ratio are just about required, u can make it w/o oil pressure n vacuum guages but those are desired to keep things safe....

thanks for the info but i added it all up and with out the installation the kit, with the motor build, and 600 dolla intercooloer syatm it owuld come out to 4225 i moght as well get the T3/4 turbo while im at it it's 2600 for the t04 kit but first i got get the piston rod's and ring's combo then, cams gears and shaft. when that is all taken car of i will go thourgh with the To4 and have a 65 shot of wet nos. but i have to find someone to install the piston's rod's and ring's combo for me.

·
Banned
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
leadfoot said:

thanks for the info but i added it all up and with out the installation the kit, with the motor build, and 600 dolla intercooloer syatm it owuld come out to 4225 i moght as well get the T3/4 turbo while im at it it's 2600 for the t04 kit but first i got get the piston rod's and ring's combo then, cams gears and shaft. when that is all taken car of i will go thourgh with the To4 and have a 65 shot of wet nos. but i have to find someone to install the piston's rod's and ring's combo for me.

well this is just a starter kit ...depending on what you really want ...if you do end up buidling the bottom end (rods , pistons) you might want to look into thermo coat the pistons if your planning to spray as well , standard wastegates are good for around 9-10 psi ....anything more then you need to upgrade the springs , ive already decided to go with a Tial wastegate ...its one of the best wastegate out there , and after reading about Sams incident , it got me thinking to change ...also ive upgrade to a HKS SS BOV ...just cause theres is a low and high side on the Bov for normal idling and high boost ...the Greddy S type SucKs (IMO) i barely made the nice hissing sound ..and at idle it seem like it was leaking ....im going to try and improve the Turbo kit , and maybe for those who have the F-max kit can tell me any down side or improvements to be made on or if there are happy with it ...i would like some Opionions from the F-max guys .. ,im going to try and find a shorter route for the IC piping ,my goal for the build up is to have it realiable ....make sure no oil leaks or any sort of problems that can occur .
For those of you that are going Custom , try and make your IC piping from alumnium ...and maybe take the extra step to Cermanic coat IC pipes , down pipe , turbo manifold , turbo housing ...depending on your budject ......Heat is your worst enemy .....

Those A/F gauges are acutally POS .....i suggest a EGT(exhuast gas tempature) analog gauge ..most of them come with a o2 sensor that comes with the gauge ..its more accurate then those cyberdyne or auto meter digtal ones ..., and Oil gauge is a must , fuel pressure , and boost gauge if your really into tunning, alot of this should be a part of the list ....most of you know that TunerGuy had his F-max for awhile before the build up , he last i belive 10 psi ...and now a motor build up ....for those serious take these thoughts into consideration ....and i say do your math ...lay it all out on paper on Black and white ....what your need ? what the lowest cost ? and a good shop that can tune turbo/n2o cars ... plus the down time on the car and extra money for parts that may need to be replace due to mileage and condition of your motor and pistons .

·
Turbo Motorhead
3,466 Posts
GOKU:

On the FMax side, my standard kit came with a 35mm Tial wastegate with a spring that's good for about 8psi, maybe 10 max. When I replaced my spring to a 1 bar spring, I had to change the top too. The labor is expensive because of it's location at the manifold, but it pays if you know you're going to run higher psi levels. Very pleased with this upgrade! I agree with you on the TIAL, I believe it's just as good or equal to the likes of the HKS in performance and looks.

The kit also comes standard with an HKS standard BOV. This seems to work well within the closed loop design of the FMax intake system. You'll still hear the 'hiss' to atmoshpere, but since it's piped back into the intake, it's not as loud. It's still cool, though.

One other thing, JWT says to go with a GReddy ProFec B boost controller...well I did initially, and then upgraded to an HKS EVC IV. The GReddy is OK if you're going to stay Stage 1 or 2, but the HKS is tuneable, big, big, difference in price though. This thing is a perfect set-up for me, very pleased.

The routing of the IC piping you plan on doing is interesting. Can you post some pictures if you can if you do change something 'cause better breathing is always a plus.

Peace

·
Banned
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah i will post pics as soon as i can get it to the Piping shop ... im going to redo the my whole setup as soon as the block goes back in ...take apart the whole front and maybe do some cutting to the radaitor support .... ive been very interstead in the Apexi IC for the skylines ... ive read that the skyline IC has a lower temp charge due to the design on the fins ...and yeah ive used the HKS EVC on my friends 91 supra and it very tuneable

1 - 15 of 15 Posts