The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Turbo Motorhead
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever considered using propane instead of nitrous? Pros and cons.

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
i thought propane grills hamburgers not hondas

·
Turbo Motorhead
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes...propane injection is a reality. It works pretty much like the same principle as nitrous but instead of oxygen as an accelerant, you have fuel in a gasous state. One of my collegues is testing a system on a 240 right now.

·
Turbo Motorhead
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Siizzzoooo said:
i thought propane grills hamburgers not hondas
That's a good one. I like your sense of humor man! I like grilling hondas too!

Propane gas is injected or sprayed into the front mount like the recently marketed NX N'ercooler system.

·
Turbo Motorhead
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^intercooler!

btw, nice pic(s).

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
my "no" was not in repsonse to the "is it possible?" question in the 1st response

it was in response to the original question, "Have you ever considered...?"

no

·
Premium Member
5,846 Posts
Black Hornet said:
^intercooler!

btw, nice pic(s).
ok I got ya now, although I have no clue on the subject :p

Thanks for the comments although the car will be 100% different by spring, nothing is those pics exists anymore (except the engine):cool:

·
:-)
2,049 Posts
How is propane good as a intercooler? If you shooting in gas propane it doesn't change states. Right b4 it a liquid turn into a gas ti consumes lots of energy, isn't that the theory behind nitrous & water/alcohol injection?

·
Turbo Motorhead
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thom said:
How is propane good as a intercooler? If you shooting in gas propane it doesn't change states. Right b4 it a liquid turn into a gas ti consumes lots of energy, isn't that the theory behind nitrous & water/alcohol injection?
I think we're saying the same thing. The propane gas is introduced into the intercooler by surface mounting a device or ring directly to or in front of the intercooler. This 'ring' has spray nozzles which inject the propane gas into the intercooler. I believe your question concerning injection type theory is correct.

·
Turbo Motorhead
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
taz said:
he's talking about instead of using one of these...........

it attches to the intercooler to further reduce the temperature of the air.
:) Thanks.

·
Turbo Motorhead
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RyanD said:
my "no" was not in repsonse to the "is it possible?" question in the 1st response

it was in response to the original question, "Have you ever considered...?"

no
I know what ya meant! We're on the same page. :) My yes was in response to 'is it possible'.

·
Turbo Motorhead
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
btw RyanD, are you still considering a 100 shot? Or is my memory screwed? The project my collegue is working on is a 100 shot.

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
nah, i'm upping to 75 in 2 weeks just for a nail in the coffin (12's). no more than that. The car's finished. I have other life/personal goals to focus on

·
Turbo Motorhead
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
altima/dsm lover4life
1,511 Posts
Black Hornet said:
Have you ever considered using propane instead of nitrous? Pros and cons.
Black as much money as you have spent on your altima I wouldn't be experimenting with an unorthodox use of something like propane in your motor. Stick with n20 in your intercooler I mean who would be there to tune something like "propane induction" not alot of people right. I say n20 is the way to go with your turbo.

Later

·
altima/dsm lover4life
1,511 Posts
Hey black I haven't read all the links but it looks like the propane is more a replacement for water injection or race fuel. In test run that the DSM made it seemed that all it did was make his car run cooler inturn letting him turn up the boost and running faster. I'll read some more but that first DSM link really isn't impressing me and doesn't hardly compare to the power gains of n20

1 - 20 of 23 Posts