The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a NOS nitrous kit for a 89-9? 240sx fit in my car?? I also read that someone here had a ZEX kit in their car....how is that possible?? The Zex page says that they dont make one for the Altima....Please help me!!!!

Thanks....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dude....someones gotta help me....I would thaink that the 240sx kit would work seeing as how both cars have the KA24DE in them...c'mon guys....

·
Illest in Nebraska
1,168 Posts
I can't help you that's not my dept. but if your patient then there are many poeple that will help you out.

·
founding father
1,952 Posts
nitrous systems are universal. the only difference when they are made for specific cars are the line lengths and the throttle switch sometimes. unless its like the big plate systems for hondas. it should work fine as long as its done correctly

·
*Bluebird Atessa Ltd*
179 Posts
Donnie your car is an auto right??anyway how many HP does your nitros inject?? and your tranny can cope w/ the extra HP??? heres a tranny question I have a Bluebird awd equiped w/ sr20det engine its fast enough and can deal w/ great deal of HP and still have the stock tranny. I dont want to change my tranny yet until I have put on about 400HP w/out nitros. Do you think my tranny will give up on 400HP???Have you modified your tranny to cope w/ur nitros system???
I don't want a 5 speed conversion..Iam thinking of getting a drag race style TRIMATIC or a sequencial gearbox.
Let me know thanks...

·
founding father
1,952 Posts
i am currently running a 60 shot and its fine. it shifts alittle slow from 1st to 2nd but thats cuz the tranny is old. your stock tranny probably won't fare too well against 300+ horsies. if i get the engine turbo'd i'll use a race auto tranny from level 10. if i do the swap i'll have to go to the 5 speed. but i'd obviously rather break the axles which will go 1st like the will for you in the near future. they are easy to replace

·
*Bluebird Atessa Ltd*
179 Posts
Thats the thing..there isnt much AWD bluebird here in Australia so the swap to 5 speed would be hard..But the trimatic will be the best bet because they will just make my tourque converter stronger and stiffer to cope with hard launches....Anyway I will install 100HP NOS system and see if the tranny coupes..if not well its time to replace...at the moment my car has 290HP..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Donnie....I am gonna order NOS fogger tomorrow....aoong with a new 5 1/2" tach, air/fuel gauge, nitrous pressure gauge, and dual friction clutch. Then my car will be ALMOST done.

See ya....

Adam

1 - 10 of 10 Posts