The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
i've actually heard, from some people who bracket race using nitrous, that you take 1/3 of the hp you got and that's the shot you should use. so a stock alty w/ 150 hp should only use a 50 shot to be really safe. just what i heard but i could be mistaken

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a dry system and I already have it ordered I live in the Mt. Airy, NC, Cana, VA area. There is not that much racing equipment on hand to choose from especialy not for an Altima.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will I'm going to take a couple of days at work and hook it up I don't have anything else to do here

·
Registered
25 Posts
what is the best nitrous kit to get. i was going to get the zex kit but a couple told me that they have problems. should i just get the traditional NOS kit?? i don't want much just a 50-60 shot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
DON'T DO IT MAN!!!! not dry system!!

I blew my engine with a dry system, go wet system, i'm a mechanical engineer trust me man, !!!

·
donor cycle
8,714 Posts
here are my thoughts on wet vs. dry.

I personally have used a wet system for starters

I do not care for the dry systems because the extra fuel needed to keep from going lean is achieved by a reading from the O2 sensor (on the systems I have seen) and then the computer compensates by adding more fuel. This means there is a split second that you are running very lean until the computer adds more fuel pressure to the injectors. Unless you are running the dry system the JWT provides in conjunction with their ECU you are better off, imo using a wet system.. I know a guy with an SI that has an N.O.S. dry system that when he clicks the activation button it automatically adds more fuel pressure (he has a gauge on his a pillar) he demonstrated this to me with a empty bottle and the car off. I asked some of the performance shops about this and they gave me dumb looks. I am going to discuss his system at greater length next time I see him...

Wet systems shoot fuel and nitrous at the same time from the same nozzle. Some people will say that the back cylinders will go lean, however my many times spraying and constantly checking plugs has never yielded any damage to the plugs. In fact the plugs looked perfect everytime I would check them after spraying or not.

If you go to performance shops, everyone of them will tell you different stories on what systems to use. I prefer the NX wet system, and I will be installing a NOS wet system next week.

Someone at one of our local shops (SRD) told me something that made me think about the hp jetting recommendations.. Sure our stock fuel system will be sufficient up to a 75 horsepower shot, however your transmission (auto's) will start wearing out at a much more rapid pace. I personally recommend using a 50-60 hp wet shot, and again, these are all my personal opinions :D

·
donor cycle
8,714 Posts
wet/dry systems are running anywhere from 500-700 dollars right now, NX just raised their prices. What I think happend, is the fucking fast and furious movie made everyone want to get nawz. The demand over ran the supply and now they are increasing prices to stabilize the nitrous market :D

They are incredibly easy to install, I can't believe shops charge as much as 250 dollars for an install, lol. The hardest part of the install on every system except ZEX (uses unreliable TPS tap) is the hooking up of the microswitch on the throttle linkage.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is my update so far BACK ORDER it may be a week before I get anything NOS I have to go dry but I want a nitrous controler to help lesson the lean chances

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Instructions

If you want instructions I will e-mail them to you the file is to big to put here

·
donor cycle
8,714 Posts
why do you have to go dry? NOS makes a wet system.

·
350Z
6,057 Posts
Rick, you said the Altima tranny is same as Maximas right? maxima.org pros say that tranny can take a max of 50 shot
which means that is probably takes 100 hp for an altima. correct me if I'm wrong, but maxima people have to worry a lot more about tranny than we do with small shots. I'm still gonna do the valve body if Don ever replys to me. I'll try calling them again. BTW, do you or chris have the knowledge of removing the core? I don't care about down time if that's possible.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts