The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On Tuesday when I went to put the air on none came out the top vents for the head (not the window vents) No matter what setting it comes out from only the floor, or both the floor and Defrost.

I'm guessing the gate or somethign is stuck? How would I get to that if you think that is the case?

EDIT: it is a '98 GXE

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
could be a broken actuator or whatever those things are called.

it requires removing a good portion of the dash. it's best to get a haynes or chilton manual for this because there is alot of little plastic pieces that can be broken easily if you do not remove it correctly or in the right order.

·
Altimaboy
1,726 Posts
can you hear the motor? If you can, it is stuck, if not it is burned out. Either way you have to remove the dash. Let me get my NSM.

·
Altimaboy
1,726 Posts
Ok, I have good news and bad news. Bad news it that you might have to replace the "INTAKE DOOR MOTOR", good news is I just save 15% on my car insurance by switching to geico. :D J/K. You probably only need the linkage ajusted ajusted. If I am not mistaken you can take the push button controls out and adjust them that way. But this is only if you don't hear the motor moving when you push the button.

·
Altimaboy
1,726 Posts
Did you get any other input about this? I an not sure if this is right or not. I can't believe no one has responded about this.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hear a little something when I go from defrost to anything else, other then that, I hear nothing. I'm gonna pull out the control tomorrow and see if I can find anything.

·
Altimaboy
1,726 Posts
My guess if you hear the motor moving, it is just off track or something. Did you remove it yet to see?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts