The Nissan Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's useless, my 93's dash has slightly warped where the right defroster vent fits and now it's humped in the middle and the vent is starting to pop out. I've ruled out nails and caulk:rolleyes: and no one around Memphis will touch it. I guess it's time to either replace it or maybe I was thinking of taking a heat gun like for tinting windows and trying to slowly soften the humped part up and then lay a heavy book or something flat to keep it flat. I don't know if it'll work or not. That's about all the choices I have besides going to a junkyard or NISSAN. BTW it's the dark beige/brown color that's in the champagne colored car.
Any ideas anyone??

·
layin rubber on philly
130 Posts
go to the junkyard and buy the dash(it cant be to much). try to get the blowdryer thing to work. if it does good. then use the bought one and paint the bitch and do cosmetic things to it

·
no longer new
56 Posts
dude, i *had* the exact same problem with my 93 gle I bought 7 weeks ago. to fix it i bought a new defroster vent...part no 68742-1E500 (thats the black one, you will have to check on color)...and then i took off the old vent, took off the temperature control sensor, and cut off all that foam lineing inside the actual vent that was warped and pushing my vent up. then i broke off one of the little prongs on the new vent on the right side and put the temp. control sensor on it, and just slid it into place. previously my vent would stick up about an inch from the dash, but now its FLUSH, like its supposed to be. let me know if you need pics, i will take them for ya.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd like to try anything besides replacing the whole thing, I mean the material is really good quality and it's only the right side that's humped in the middle. If it's not too much trouble pics would be great. I'll probably start getting to it this week and thanks for everyone's input!

·
no longer new
56 Posts
yeah dude ill try to remember to take pictures tomorrow morning and post them in the afternoon...im telling you i found the cure for the warped dash...dont worry about buying a new dash....but do order a replacement defroster vent...i paid something like $9 for it from pinnaclenissan.com. i recommend everyone check out their website...by far the most comprehensive OEM parts catalog model year specific, with diagrams too. but ill get back with you tomorrow with those pics dude. later

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In case you check back, I just got back to see the pics and I was thinking the same thing, and thanks for the pics. If it works (It HAS to work!!:) then I'll post a new thread and give the credit to you!!

G

·
I've been contemplating for 2 years how in the hell to fix my vents. I think I'll try your idea of cutting out the warped part and then tack em down with some silicone. Both of mine stick up, but the rest of my dash is perfect.

Demmy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.