The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has started doing the dreaded the CVT whine. Not every time I drive it but about once every few weeks.

Dealership said that I need to come post to show them when it happens next. I did this. They kept the car for two days and then reported that as they were not able to reproduce the noise and that the CVTA counts were normal that Nissan USA would not approve a replacement.

I opened a case with Nissan USA and a condescending, patronizing excuse for a regional dealer representative carried on like a stuck record saying that if the dealership cant reproduce the problem then there is nothing they can do. She basically said that until I get stuck in limp mode with a check engine light they will not authorize a warranty replacement of the CVT. She would not give me her last name, would not allow me to speak to a supervisor and would not tell me who she reports to. Now that's customer service.

My car should not make a CVT whine even once let alone multiple times and demonstrated to the dealership who agreed the CVT was faulty. I have 30k miles until the CVT warranty is up, I guess this what Nissan USA is waiting for.

Not impressed.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
If your 2009 Altima 2.5 has 80000 miles on it, and you said you have 30K miles until the warranty is up.....you made a mistake with your math, as Nissan has extended the CVT warranty until 10 years, 120,000 miles, which ever comes first.

Sell or trade your car, you will never be happy with it.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I will never own a CVT equipped car as just about every car company have problems with them.

Like the guy above me said, just try to sell the car, and move on. Stay away from anything CVT in the future.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The dealer really wanted to duplicate the issue. They get paid by Nissan for this warranty work so it's in their interest to duplicate the problem.
I don't really have fault with the dealership. They explained to me that some time ago the dealerships were able to authorize the CVT replacement themselves and under my circumstances they would have.
However it was costing Nissan USA too much so they set up a dedicated team to oversee this warranty work.
There are now many boxes that need to be checked before they will authorize the fitment of a cooler or the replacement of the CVT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts