The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 Alty with an auto transmision and couple nights ago when I started the car the gear selector (P R N D 2 1) light did not come on and also I have Electro-Luminescent 6-color gauges that act funny, go on and off (not sure if the two are related).

Assuming that the bulb went out I wanted to check it the next morning by removing the plastic cover that surrounds it, stereo cover, and even the central console but was not able to figure out how to remove the selector itself.

Did anyone else come across the same problem on the 1st Gen?
Or maybe I'm doing something wrong, so can some explain how to check that bulb please?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
22,052 Posts
You have to push both front seats forward, remove a screw on each side of the center console, lift the console back, up the E brake, then remove some other screws and the indicator cover will be accesible. You might have to remove the radio/AC trim piece, and maybe even loosen the front console. You can do it without removing that stuff, but I think it's a pain in the ass to put the indicator cover back on. I'm trying to rememebr...I did one in a 97 like 2 months ago.

It's a 194 wedge bulb, so have a new one handy. Good luck. Hope this helps rather than confuses.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts