The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a altima gxe le, and noticed that it is missing a few things. I thought It was supposed to have a locking glove box , but there is no lock. It was also supposed to have a slant cut tailpipe and it dosen't. No coin holder either. Anyone else notice that air comes out of the vents even when the fan is off?
And that the engine still sounds like it is running after you turn it off.

I would appreciate any responses.

·
7,208 Posts
I thought It was supposed to have a locking glove box , but there is no lock.
It isn't supposed to have one

It was also supposed to have a slant cut tailpipe and it dosen't. No coin holder either.
Only the SE model has the slant cut tail pipe and the coin holder is right next to the parking brake.

Anyone else notice that air comes out of the vents even when the fan is off?
Hit the little button to turn it so that fan uses inside air instead of sucking in outside air and it won't come in anymore, it's the button right above the AC button.

And that the engine still sounds like it is running after you turn it off.
That's the fan cooling the motor off.

·
Blurrrrrrrrrrr
36 Posts
Glove Box

Yeah I have a '99 too and my glove box locks too.

What year is yours?

·
291 Posts
Ank215 -
I have the same car (only about 1-1/2 month older)

I didnt even notice the glove box lock till you mentioned it. (Mine doesnt lock either):eek:

I swore I saw on the window sticker we were supposed to get slant cut exhaust,too ( mine doesnt have it either, although I dont really care)

As far as the airand coin holder - see Darvocet

Heres my question -

Where the hell is the interior air microfilter? It says behind the glovebox.I didnt see anything resembling an air filter under or behind there. Am i supposed to take off the glove box or sum-tin?:confused:

·
291 Posts
maybe I just didnt see it, but does the old filter just "slide" out?

Can you say specify what you mean when when you say "behind"

Sorry for the momentary lapse of any brains whatsoever
Thanks

G

·
Mine has a locking glove box, though it rarely gets used. Only to lock up wallet once in a while. So for the air when the blower is shut off... just push the recirc button, that closes off the outside are intake.

Demmy

·
Registered
3 Posts
You are right. I bought a 2001 GXE with Limited Edition package a week ago. On the window sticker it does specifically state in the LE package that a slant cut tailpipe is included. Mine does not have it either. I really don't care about that anyway.

The fan does run a short time after you shut off the engine. THis is normal.

The glovebox does not lock on mine either. Our model does not have this feature. The GLE model does. THis feature is in the manual, but the GXE did not have it, not even with the LE package.

I really like this car. IT runs very well, fairly brisk power and has decent handling. THe fit and finish is first rate and the interior is very well done, with a nice quality and upscale look. Best of all is how solid it drives and feels. This car is really rock solid and you can tell this is the wat Nissan has built cars for years. I would love to hear from other owners, especially 98-01 owners with their overall comments on their cars.

Thanks!

Rick

·
Youngest OG Member
650 Posts
my glovebox has a lock on my gxe and what the hell is a slant cut tailpipe?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Your 94 did have it, but the 01 does not. THe slant cut pipe is on SE and GLE models. The very end of the tailpipe is cut at an angle. Others are cut off straight. Serves no purpose other than looks.

Rick

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I hear the micro filter on the 5th gen maximas are behind the glove box...what a biotch to get to!
Jay

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,715 Posts
01SandriftGXE said:

The glovebox does not lock on mine either. Our model does not have this feature. The GLE model does. THis feature is in the manual, but the GXE did not have it, not even with the LE package.

Rick
you should be able to buy the lock for a GLE and install it in the GXE.

·
291 Posts
01SandriftGXE -
I checked my sticker and indeed it says Slant cut exhaust pipe.
Im gonna take it to the dealer, hand the dealer a hacksaw, and have the salesman make it right:D

Still cant find where Im supposed to replace the micro air filter:(
All 01 models come with it, no?
Im wondering if I didnt get it when I should have.
Kind of like my "slant cut pipe"

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.