The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 2.5S Altima with 54,000 miles. I've had mostly good experiences with the car to date. In the past week my low beams have stopped working. I switched the H1 bulbs thinking it was just a coinsidence that both low beams had gone out. Wrong! I have fog lights so I could still drive the car. Last Monday night I left work, started the car, stopped for about 20-30 and I left the car running to cool off. I drive away and start down the highway only to find I can't put up the passengers side window and that the rear windows won't go down. Yesterday, after the car sat in the garage for 3 nights, I hop in and the car is cranking weirdly and doesn't want to start. I finally get it to start after 5 or 6 tries and I look over and the passengers side window that had been down is up. Now the windows are working but, I still don't have any low-beams. I drive the car home in day light & park and then my remote locking doesn't work. WTF is going on with the car???

I tried replacing the BCM (body control module) that controls every damned thing and there is no change in the situation. I still don't have any low beams but, the high-beams & fog lights continue to work.

Can anyone offer any hints or share experiences to solve this situation???

My only other option is to take it to the dealer and getting raped on the repair.

Mark Lowry

·
Willow Springs, Turn 4
1,034 Posts
It may sound stupid, but have you checked the fuses?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I removed & cleaned both battery terminals today with no change. I will try my old switch w/o foglights to see if the switch is bad. If that doesn't work, I'll have to give in & let the dealer fix.

·
Bad Boys are Back!!!
12,088 Posts
dnvrfan said:
Wow I have never heard of this happening. Sounds like you may have to run her over to the dealer and see if they can figure it out.
Hey thats my que :D

Since you are out of warranty, the Dlr is going to charge you a lot. Just check all your wiring going from the fuses as well as for any wires that might be bad in your Engine. Hopefully you can figure it and fix it............Good Luck !

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well,

I ended up biting the bullet and taking the car to the dealer. And $328 later, they fixed the problem. They claim to have replaced the IPDM E/R (Intelligent Power Distribution Module Engine Room).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It looks like the dealer hosed me!

I picked up my car from the dealer on Thursday. I checked to see that the headlights worked and they did. I paid my bill & drove home. I did not drive the car until Friday evening. I was driving from Baltimore to Pittsburgh after work. After a couple of hours I decide to turn on my lights and the low beams worked fine. Then I decide I'll turn on my fog lights as well. To my surprise there was no switch! They changed my combination switch to the standard model which no fog light switch! Now how hard was to see that my original switch had fog lights? Better yet, when I stopped to get gas I pulled out my flashlight and popped the hood to look at the IPDM (Intelligent Power Distribution Module Engine Room) that they charged me to replace. Sure enough, it was my old IPDM dust and all! I guess I'm naive expecting the dealer to be honest.

Now I have to waste my time Monday to go in & fight with the dealer over the bill and to replace the switch. This really pisses me off that people at the dealer assume you are a dumby and won't know any better. I wonder if I can report this to the state attorney general's office? Scumbags. :angry2:

Mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts