The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
B ON BLU
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update--We have car, again!---

Well, If you guys remember last Monday I posted that I'm now part of the family with a newly aquired 02 ( see the sig for details)

Well we took it in Thursday to get the leather installed and to fix a couple minor scratches in the rear bumber. They Asst. service manager said it would be ready on Saturday. On Saturday my wife called the asst manager and asked if it was ready he says that we wont be able to pick it up untill Wed. because it has to goto the body shop to get the scratches fixed. My wife was pressing him why it took so long to figure out that they needed to send it to the body shop for it, he finally says that the car was "rubbed" by another car and it has scratches on the bumber from it, he says if you were to look at you would be able to notice it. My wife then get off the phone with him and then calls the lady that sold us the car and explains this to her, she goes to find out from the serivice guy whats going on and then he gets on the phone again and then changes his story saying its just a couple scratches and its not bad at all you an hardly notice it, and then adds in the taillight is cracked, she tells them that were coming down to see for our self.

We get down there find our sales person and we go back to the service area and find the asst. manager in service that we had been speaking too, he walks us back there and we see it, The right rear bumber is smashed in the tailight is not just cracked but broken out. It was alot more than a "rub" which he had said. For the bumber to be crushed in on the corner and the light to be broke it had to be a good hit.

So we then go back with our sales lady and she gets the VP of sales, at this point we are pissed because one our 1wk old car was hit and two the asst. manager lied to us as to what happen on the phone, the VP tells us dont worry we'll get it taken care of and send you out with a smile on your face, my wife says the only way that will happen is if they give us a new car. He says lets go take a look, we go out with him, he looks at it and says lets get you into a new car.

At this point their looking around for a car exactly like what we had, which is very hard to find at this point in the year, there doing dealer searches and find nothing that matches exactly, so he tells us that he'll get us into a 03 for no price differnce.

So now it seems were going to get a 03 3.5SE Crystal blue loaded with the Leather sport package and the other options we had on the 02. We had an opal blue, which you all know isnt being made anymore. We are going down to get everything in writing tonight.

So needless to say that we are very happy how things have turned out to this point. A big thumbs up for the dealership and sales dept. A big thumbs down for there service (atleast the asst. service manager) They are paying for a rental car for us untill the car comes in.

·
B ON BLU
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SLCentral said:
Sounds like a good deal to me! How long do you have to wait for the new car to arrive?
We should find out today, I did look online at the inventory search on the nissan site and there isnt any that match in 75 mi radius of the dealer that I saw, so they may have to order it or something, dont know for sure.

Hopfully not to long we had it just long enough to get attached to the power of the V6, and then it was taken away.

Steve

·
Ahhh the power of Cheese
380 Posts
Thats a real good deal man. I can imagine u an ur wife wantin to do some tag team fightin with whoever did that to your car. When ya get the car dont forget to inspect every singe last nock an crany u can think of when u get it an over look features when u get it home..last thing ya will need is to find somethin faulty.

·
B ON BLU
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally!

Well, We just picked up our new 03 Crystal Blue Alty last night.

It was starting to look bad when I got a call at the beginning of the week saying that if they cant find one by the time the old one is out of the shop we would have to take the old one back. NOT GOOD! :angry2:

Well, our sales peson gave us call on Wednesday night and said that Long Beach Nissan just got one. She went down and did a dealer trade for it, it still had the white protective sheets on it, just came off the truck. So she calls us from her cell and tells us shes in it right now driving it to the dealer. YEA! :D

Well, we go last night to pick it up and they tell us we have to pay the differnce of $4000 for it(saying they dont give any breaks on the 03 because they just came out), were like WHAT! no,no,no thats not going to work then they come back with $2000 and we tell them nope still, then they say $1000 so we say ok with a few exceptions, They are adding on the Side Sills for free, They are paying for the full rental car bill which was $300 for the 3 weeks (I had an upgrade), and there giving us $150 toward the tint we are going to put on it.

Overall It was good experince except the haggling at the end. I would still recommend the dealership and I will go back when I purchase my 350Z next year.

The dealer is Superior Nissan of Puente Hills our sales person is Lisa Rodriguez (she was great the whole way through!) If your going to buy a Nissan in CA I would say see her. Let her know I sent ya (I dont get any kick backs) my name is Steve Willis.

See Ya!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Well it seems your misfortune turned out out to be pretty fortunate in the end. :) Crystal blue is a better color IMO. Also enjoy your supposed +5 horsepower over the 02... ;)

·
cruiser
1,016 Posts
lizzy494 said:
And they lived happily ever after....................

he he :D

·
A clean motor is happier
190 Posts
That's it!! I will never take my alty to the dealer, ever. Screw the warranty, all they do is thrash your car if you take it to them. Bunch of dumb*****!!:angry4:

·
Mature Member
1,874 Posts
so cal trucker said:
That's it!! I will never take my alty to the dealer, ever. Screw the warranty, all they do is thrash your car if you take it to them. Bunch of dumb*****!!:angry4:
That's not true, took mine in to have a window and guage covers replaced w/no problems.

·
B ON BLU
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, after having it for a few days now and driving it I really like the Crystal Blue. Depending on how the light hits it and if its day or night it gives off differnt colors like blues,greens and purple colors, its very nice.

The new interior is great, the leather is looks much better that the 02 IMO and the center armrest is awsome now that its leather wrapped. The HID lights are great also!

I got it tinted this weekend which also makes it look that much better, we had to go back to dealer to pick up something and when we drove up all sales people out in front couldnt take there eyes off of it the whole time we were there, they kept sayin how great it looked with the tint on it.

I think the only other mods that it will be getting is a K&N airfilter and later going to throw some nice wheels on it, chrome im thinking will look good on that color.

Anyways I'm looking foward to when we take a long trip in it its going to nice, actually I cant wait to get the break in peroid over with so I can have some real fun, i have about 400mi now.

See Ya!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts