·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*sigh of relief*
ahhhhhhhhhhhh

well, i found the problem:

1st, i checked the solenoid.
there's 2 wires coming out of the solenoid. one is ground, and the other goes to my ecu, or a button for you other nitrous users. i disconnected the wire to the ecu and touched it directly to the battery, and left the ground. The solenoid clicked when i touched it to the positive side. that means the solenoid is working just fine. So...

2nd, sprayed out of solenoid.
now that i know the solenoid opens, i did a test spray out of the solenoid. the bottle line feeds in and i sprayed out of the other end of the solenoid, the "out" , but not into the intake, duh. everything seemed to be ok. WHATTA KICK!!

3rd, i removed the nozzle w/ 1' line from the intake that goes in the end of the solenoid i was just testing. I disconnected the the line from the nozzle (which is where the .42 jet is). Upon disconnecting these is where i found my problem. I looked into the jet and i found an obstruction. there was something blocking the passage through the jet. So, i sprayed some air through the line, nozzle, and jet. When i sprayed through the jet, i saw whatever it was come out. So, i put the line, jet, and nozzle back together and put it back on the solenoid where n2o comes out of. I then tried another test spray in the full course, but again in to the air, not the intake, duh. Everything seems to be working properly. I got a nice continous spray out of the nozzle.

so i'm in the process now of putting the nozzle back into the intake and taking her for a test run. *fingers crossed*

so it wasn't the solenoid after all. I'm glad i found out what it was 1st of all. not only that, but i don't have to fork another $100 for a solenoid. SWEET!

i love trial and error

·
My Alti got da last laugh
1,546 Posts
im glad you found the problem. looked like some of our suggestions worked out into narrowing it down. wonder how you got something in your jet and what it was?

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DAMN those obstructions is right! and yeah, i do kinda wonder how the hell whatever it was got in there. it looked like a soft almost cloth-like piece of material. not really sure what it was. maybe some kind of corrosion or something.

the test run went well. the car runs great!!! Hopefully, if i can get the cash i will go again next friday night. and if i can't get the money, i'm refusing to accept a spot. i appreciate the offer, scott, but i just can't do it. I really hate borrowing money and asking favors. you've helped me enough as it is. from rims to letting me use your back seat, you've done enough. i thank you though. just let me know anytime you need a favor. Maybe i can use your back seat again sometime, ey?

but yeah, it runs good am i'm glad i fixed it without having to spend extra money. I'll tell ya what. i was so sure it was the solenoid, i was ready get one late yesterday and put it on a card or something, glad no one was open or had one. I would've bought one for sure, and it would've been for nothing.

thanks for all the suggestions
13's here i come!!!

·
clean freak
3,377 Posts
Alright, fine don't accept the offer I see how it is :D

Seriously though, let me know when your gonna come back up. I will probably go this Friday if i here back from cyko. Me and my good ole auto...mid 17's here I come LOL :D

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
now that i think about it, it's prolly gonna be the following week. I like to have a FULL bottle of nitrous and i don't know if i'll be able to fill the bottle and pay to get in, plus gas up there. I hate to sound so poor and cheap, but i made a $200 error in my banking, so needless to say, i'm spread pretty thin right now. I'll keep ya posted.

i'm gonna forcast the following week though, it prolly ain't gonna be this week. Good luck if you go, speed racer

·
clean freak
3,377 Posts
sweet, well I am probably still going this week and if you go the following week, I will look for you up there. See what you did, take me out to a track that is 10 minutes from my house and now I am hooked! :D

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
skizot said:
sweet, well I am probably still going this week and if you go the following week, I will look for you up there. See what you did, take me out to a track that is 10 minutes from my house and now I am hooked! :D
i'm just surprised you never made it out before this

1 - 9 of 9 Posts