The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cam timing is perfect according to the pics from shawn and the fsm pic that was posted. distributor points to #1 and crank is at tdc. HOWEVER, it idles beautifully and starts up just as good, the problem is, revving up. its slow and unenthusiastic. ??!! i cant explain it. i just ran it a couple seconds again just now with the valve cover off and then checked all marks again. no dice. everything still lines up. no missing either... what now?

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
did u check the compression?

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ummm, no i didnt check the compression BUT its running fine now. just some stuttering as water finds its way into the cylinder at an idle. the no power issue was from the distributor being one RCH off. i took it for a ride right now and dumped some evil shit in the radiator and its better, all the power has returned, but the head is still warped. :(

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
doh :(

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
Isn't that a new engine?

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
gonna do taht shit every time you adjust the cams... all the crusty shit you jar breaks off and all the dust that's flying around gets into your engine. you just need to burn it off, thats all.

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jaltima said:
Isn't that a new engine?
no not yet. i just got my refund today so the new engine (01 with 1000 miles) is getting picked up tomorrow. :) and the engine i have now is about to shit itself hard. so....... if i make it home tonight, ill be making arrangements for all the go-fast goodies and throw this engine in the garage for a full all motor build.

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
apparently, everyones got a hot poker crammed up thier yahoo in an attempt to beat my 1/4 mile time and my HP figures, yet I still have none... that makes me laugh.

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol, im not tryin to beat anyone just yet, i just want my car to run right now, hehe. ill be boostin on one of these motors, just not sure which one yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts