The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After almost a year of running my sub off of my stock deck using the high level inputs on my rockford 300s i finally got a new CD player, a Panasonic CQ-C5410. I got it installed, speakers work fine (and sound wonderful compared to the stock deck), but my sub / amp isnt working. Its acting like its not getting any signal. The amp has power and turn-on signal (LED is ON). I have tested the sub and amp using a CD player and a mini jack to RCA adapter, works fine that way, so i know there is nothing wrong on that end. I have looked through the manual several times and havent found anything about having to "enable" the pre-amps or anything like that. The subwoofer level is set to +0 (not mute or anything like that).

·
the newb
3,910 Posts
are they the right pre-outs? check if the amp has different switches for high-level/rca input?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, they are the ones labeled for subwoofer, and like i said i tried the amp using a portable CD player into the RCA and it worked just fine.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you mean like a manual adjustment on the rear? or something accessable though the buttons. Nothing manual, and nothing in the menues that i have found... but i will keep looking. The manual doesnt mention anything like that that i have found, but il check it again.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: I just used a voltage tester on the pre-amps and it didnt read any voltage at all (a few milivolts between the positive side of the RCA and chassie ground, nothing between the positive and negative sides of the RCA cable. Unless there is some control somewhere that i am missing it appears to be a hardware problem. I sent an email to panasonic tech support... we will see what they have to say.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts