The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get off the HWY, & a nice decent s2k with minor cosmetic mods was behind me. Nice subtle skirts, black gunmetal rims, white exterior, nicely done. Im assuming usually someone would atleast add an intake & maybe other small bolt ons if they are rolling like that? But then I didn't see no exhaust... hopefully it WASN'T stock... :confused:

Anyways, right when I hit the light in traffic, he goes beside me, rolling back & forth talking on his phone. I don't think much of him, he's revving a bit, answering the honda CRX that was horziontally behind him. He get's off the phone, edging a bit...

GREEN...

we both roll out slowly, then about 10mph we punch it, side by side, then I hear this 9000rpm that was high pitched like
"raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnn" like a open header sound or something...

most honduh hi revs I hear have a bit of "rumble" sound to them that is high pitched... like that RSX-S vs altima video.... can't really explain...

anyways, I got shitlacked... by 55 60mph, he pulled like 2cars on me already... so Im assuming 5-6cars by the end of 1/4 wouldn't be out of reach...

he gave me this not bad for a SEDAN look and left... CRX was stuck behind and finally caught up and gave me the same expression...

PHUCK.... it was a ROLLING start with MR. no torque, I had an advantage... then again hes a stick...

They are less powerful from a roll, but easier to drive... I might have him off the line if we launched hard, and assuming he can't launch...(but they are mid 5s IF launched well)

or maybe I just drive it like a low 15sec car, even though I have the 5speed auto VQ....

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I thought they have a strong 3rd gear... I got shitlacked when it barely was even in 2nd....

The VQ35's torque should peak @ like 3500 4000rpm, in my opinion... since it feels quicker once it's from 40mph and up... OR leave it at the same RPM, but give me another 20lbs

the old maxima peaked at 4000rpm with 217torq, so it would be quite easy to squeeze [email protected]

yes Im bitter and making excuses, I can't drive and my car is slow...... booooooooooooooo

·
NWS Citizen
1,245 Posts
You lost to a good car with an even better driver, nothing embarassing about it. It's obvious that guy knew how to take advantage of his car's 9k rpm redline (higher with an ecu upgrade I bet)....and he knew how to drive a manual for a change...good race/death.

·
My little champion...
4,966 Posts
Raced one before...

I won and ended up at around 110mph at the end... So we were definitely up there... I ended in 4th and had about [EDIT] one and a half cars [/EDIT] on him when he decided to shut it down. We went from a 40mph roll...

Are you STICK or AUTO? One thing that stands out, THIS GUY DOESN'T SOUND STOCK. How do you know he didn't have a supercharger? Stock one should not have raped you like that.

The car has a high redline, but it doesn't have EXCESSIVE AMOUNTS OF HP at that high redline. He might jump on you, but not enough to pull 2-3 car lenghts... They're not 13 second cars...

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats why im not sure, comptech supercharger maybe? I didnt really notice a WHINE....

but the high end noise on it was really different then a normal honda vtec.... I have a clip of supercar hwy runs.... it sounds EXACTLY like this viper I have on this video...

either hes a 13sec, or my car is operating like a mid low 15sec car....

I have the new 5speed auto VQ... :(

·
Registered
50 Posts
S2000's are quick, but not that fast. I had one riding my ass last week, so I downshifted to third and took off. We started into a long left hand turn on ramp. He caught right up on the ramp (damn stock suspension). Once it straightened out and opened up to the Thruway, it was on again. He was behind me the whole time. I wasn't pulling, and he wasn't gaining. Went to about 120. I slowed, he pulled up next to me and gave me a douchbag look. I gave him a thumbs up, and he did the same, only recluctantly. So I signaled to get to my off ramp when he sped ahead, cut off two cars and narrowly made the off ramp ahead of me ( I don't think this was his turn, but he made a change in plans after seeing where I was going.) This time a right hander, which he owned me on. I didn't even bother to try to catch up, seeing as he also cut off two more cars once the ramp merged onto another 2 lane highway. So, yes they are nice, quick cars, but not the fastest. If I run into this fool again after my suspension install and exhaust, I'm sure I'll take him, but only marginally.

·
Registered
655 Posts
he he put two or more cars on oyu and was still pulling away- he definitely wasn't stock

1 - 11 of 11 Posts