The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have this problem? i hear it rattling lots when i am inside the car but can't hear it much outside...they told me it was the a/c compressor and replaced the assembly but it wasn't that because it would rattle without a/c even being on...now they tell me its a fuel damper that needs to be replaced...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DesiEGO said:
^So go ahead and replace it. If the dlr is doing it all under warranty, go for it !!! ;)
its a hassle to keep going back to them...i just wish they could figure it out the first time around...but i guess having a new a/c and getting it recondiitioned and stuff isn't such a bad thing...just don't want to make time to go there...busy working all the time

·
Registered
253 Posts
if it is the fuel dampner then Nissan might have issues with them
What year is your car? Does the noise only come from the driverside of the car? While you sitting in the car wiht doors and windows closed it is the strongest? Does the rattle noise only kick in when engine is warmed up?
Put your ear to the floor of the car (inside) by the driver seat and the floor behind the seat? Can you hear it there? Lift up the car and touch the fuel lines and check if they are vibrating strong - but you have to let the car warm up first and cooling fan must kick in at least once, then turn engine off, wait a few minutes and turn it back on - can you hear the rattle noise inside?

·
Bad Boys are Back!!!
12,088 Posts
vancityjat said:
its a hassle to keep going back to them...i just wish they could figure it out the first time around...but i guess having a new a/c and getting it recondiitioned and stuff isn't such a bad thing...just don't want to make time to go there...busy working all the time
Trust me, dlrships are never too helpful but in your case they are being so, so grab the oppurtunity and make it worth for yourself. I know its a hassle but what can ya do :dunno:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
franzd said:
if it is the fuel dampner then Nissan might have issues with them
What year is your car? Does the noise only come from the driverside of the car? While you sitting in the car wiht doors and windows closed it is the strongest? Does the rattle noise only kick in when engine is warmed up?
Put your ear to the floor of the car (inside) by the driver seat and the floor behind the seat? Can you hear it there? Lift up the car and touch the fuel lines and check if they are vibrating strong - but you have to let the car warm up first and cooling fan must kick in at least once, then turn engine off, wait a few minutes and turn it back on - can you hear the rattle noise inside?

yeah its 2003 3.5 and yeah that totally sounds like the problem...you had it too? all solved now?

·
Registered
253 Posts
it sounds like it, if that is what you are having
i have an 04 and since Feb 04 I have been going back to dealership to report it, but theyu could not find anything. I did a lot of research and came up with my own idea that is related to the fuel system, I thought fuel pump first cause i heard that weird noise. So they said then yes it is the pump, they replaced it but did not resolve the rattle problem. then they said it is the fuel dampner. I had to wait about 3 weeks for the part to arrive, I guess from Japan, they said they replaced it and since then I am soo happy, no more noise, that noise was very annoying

1 - 7 of 7 Posts