The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 Altima SE 3.5 and when I turn on the Auto AC every once in awhile I hear a clicking sound from behind the dash. Anyone else getting this noise? Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
yes, whenever I have my fan on setting "1", I can hear a weird clicking noise. It ceases as soon as I turn the fan up to "2" or turn it off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Murry, I have mine in for service today. When I find out what the problem is, I will post back to let you know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Solution

For anyone that is having that problem, look into the air-mix door or the actuator for the air/heating unit. They are replacing it in my car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was getting a noise like that too....only when i turned the fan all the way up....turned out to be chunks of styrofoam in the air ducts they use for insulation around the fan motor....:eek:

·
hello
3,517 Posts
yea. that goddamn noise is annoying..but mine is more of an annoying squeek than a click. Rixter, the dealership fixed it right?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same noise. Noise when I have the fan speed on 1. I know that it is the fan motor (brushes or bearings) making the noise. The dealership said the "fix" was to add some insulation to mask the noise. I told them that it wasn't going to FIX the problem, but I let them do it anyway. Long story short, the noise is still there. There are trying to talk to Nissian Technical Service to find out what to do next. Oh yeah, my friend's Pathfinder does the same thing. Nissan needs to find some better motor suppliers!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's back

They replaced the air/mix door and now the problem is back. It seems like it is worse when the car sits out in the sun for awhile.... The clicking is unbearable and it almost sounds like a vacuum problem when you turn the fan on Auto.

Back to the dealer today to try and resolve the problem... apparently they have their "Master Mechanic" talking to Nissan about it.... my confidence in Nissan is growing shorter every time I have to take the car back in....

Anyone else still having this problem?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had a squeaky/clicking sound coming from my fan during the winter. It was really annoying....it was just the right pitch that you could here it cut through the stereo with the volume up. It would happen on the first two speeds and go away if you turned it up..

Needless to say, I knew the sound was a bad fan motor (sounded like grit in the bearings or a wire brush against metal - very slight though). Took it to the dealership and they said they didn't here anything. As soon as I got in the car it was there clear as day. Had them sit in the car and trained them what they were trying to listen for...they heard and ordered a new motor. Ever since, no problems whatsoever!

If the noise you have disappears when you turn the fan up, take it to the dealer and have them replace the fan/blower motor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts