The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I remember similar thread in the old version, but it wasn’t finished yet so please HELP !!!
This is the problem:
95 Altima, 59k miles.
It drives pretty good, no major problem except one. When I’m making sharp right turn I can hear somethin around right wheel. It is like one, pretty noisy click at the begining of turn. When I’m going slowly through the bumpers sometimes I can hear the same, sometimes nothing. When I starts fast (from complete stop) sometimes it is there, sometimes not. I know, looks like CV join, but I had my CV boots changed about 3 months ago and mechanic swears that CV joints and axels are fine. He also said that there is probably something in the body but I can’t find anything. When car is not running I can shake, bang, rock and I can’t repeat this sound. There is one more strange thing about it. It doesn’t happen when it is raining, it even doesn’t happen in the morning when is a little cooler (I live in Florida) and when car is cold, but in the afternoon when becomes hot I can hear it. Any ideas ? Some of my friends say that I become crazy about this but it is really annoying. If you know where or how I can look for source of this sound let me know. BTW how I can check if my CV joints are really OK.

Regards,
Janusz

·
I ♥ speedbumps
2,196 Posts
Hmmmm..

By the description, I'd say its the CV boot..best way to check is to lift the car up and check right behind the brake disc. Check everything real good, you can never be too sure as to where its coming from. It could just be something caught in there somewhere. It could also be the steering shaft, its a little further in, similar to the CV boot only its further into the middle of the engine.

Hope that's helped.

Peace.

·
446 Posts
I have the same problem; every time I turn to the right I hear a clicking noise on my 93 altima 105k. At first i thought the plastic under the wheel Well was rubbing against the tire so i pulled the plastic as tight as i could against the car and screwed it in. Once i did that i got in my car to see if that was the problem but it wasn’t it. I had someone look at it for me and he said that the axle was probably broken and popped out of the boot. He said its no big deal the car wont roll over or anything and if he were to fix it he would have to replace the whole axle (250$ or so i think). Maybe you should get your car looked at by someone else too. If you don’t want to spent the money to fix it just turn up the system. I hope this helps...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WDC said:
I have the same problem...
I did exactly the same. I thought plastic. One day I just pulled out this whole plastic and put it to trunc and ..... it didn't help. I also took the car to the mechanic who changed my CV boots and he said that everything looks fine, than I took him for a ride and the car just stopped doing this. Then I asked him to go for a ride alone and he said that he heard this and that's probably body. I can left the car in his garage and he said that whey will look for source of this sound, but I don't know how much they will charge me for this searching :)

Janusz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts