The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the stock CD player in my 3.5 Altima (the non-bose unit). I seem to be getting a little static on my radio stations. It's not terrible but it is noticeable. CD's play great. I'm going to check the manual for any mention of local / stereo settings. Anyone else having static problems?

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have the same problem i took it back to the dealer they said its feedback from the engine coils,so they ordered them and have to call me back so they could change them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So they are replacing the engine coils to fix the radio static? Does that make sense? Is that a major job to do? Like I said the static is not that bad but noticeable. The manual says to turn down the treble on the unit. I'll try that but that sounds silly too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
its no major job,but if u really want to fix it take it back to the dealer.you have nothing to loose.its covered in your warranty

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just read another post about the service bulletin and the new coil pack. Sounds good I may just call the dealer and see what they can do for me. Thanks

·
Registered
717 Posts
Indeed, the new coils are different.
I saw them compared to the old ones
when I got my upgrade about 2 wks. ago.
Takes about 1 & 1/2 hrs. to install
at your local Nissan service department.
Believe me brother, it makes all the
difference in the world!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks SE-Rious it was your post I found through a search that confirmed the coil issue. I will call my dealer soon and see if I can get the coils change. I need to get some clay first so I can get the sap off my car then hit the car wash next door to the dealer while I'm there for the coils.

·
Registered
717 Posts
S1DIMMER said:
Thanks SE-Rious it was your post I found through a search that confirmed the coil issue. I will call my dealer soon and see if I can get the coils change. I need to get some clay first so I can get the sap off my car then hit the car wash next door to the dealer while I'm there for the coils.
...anytime, Bro! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts