The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting the dash from my 93 5spd in my 95 auto. the vin number is riveted to the dash. who would care if the vin on the dash doesn't match the vin on the chassis? i will be the final owner of this car so i don't think it will really matter since i am the title owner of both cars.

·
ASE certified wiseass
431 Posts
The police may care.

IF there is some reason to check your VIN against your registration, i.e. you get pulled over, then you are in trouble. Also, some states inspect the car and the VIN better match the registration.

Just transfer the plate over.

Randy

·
Registered
102 Posts
The 'plate' RGAZ is refering to is the VIN plate riveted to the dash, not the license plate.

Most likely if a cop wants to check the vehicles VIN, he will look at the one on the dash.

btw, they might even get suspicious if the rivets don't look original.......

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^um, that's not what i meant.

I have my license plate registered to the black car. the black car's dash, along with the black car's vin plate, is going in the blue car. if I leave the license plate registered to the black car's vin, which is now showing on the dash in the blue car, will it matter that the chassis VIN doesn't match?

·
Registered
351 Posts
you could runn into problems getting the car inspected. I had that same problem last week wit a 280z at the shop vins didnt match up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts