The Nissan Club banner

241 - 244 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Everyone! I have an exhaust question about my 2007 Altima. I need the center section under the motor with a cat that goes under the rear of the cradle. I have an 50 state legal car. I live in mid michigan and was wondering if the 47 state exhaust will work ok on my car or if there will be issues? There is one hell of a price difference in the two is why I'm asking! 47 state legal is approx. $200.00 versus 50 state legal is a bit over $700.00! I paid $2000.00 for the car and would prefer not to spend an arm and a leg on 1 section of exhaust!
Any help or info on this would be much appreciated

·
Registered
48 Posts
So I’m new to Nissan club but I have a 2012 Altima coupe 6MT and I ordered a aftermarket air intake but when I installed it the car would start up and rough idle and then cut back off. I unhooked the battery while installing trying to reset the ECU but nothing. I can put the factory air box on and car fires up fine. Please help. Thanks in advance!
When you took the old intake assembly off the car you eliminated the Helmholtz resonator chamber. This device is used to increase volumetric efficiency as well as to muffle the intake noise. In most cases there will be a reduction in horse power without it. Also, you didn't mention whether or not you kept the mass air flow sensor intact. Big problems without that sensor. For more information just google "automotive intake resonator".

241 - 244 of 244 Posts