Nissan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 875 Posts

·
Ctrl-F Yourself
5,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks you Gene. I stole this from you ;)

Rules are simple:
1) NOOBS only! If you have any question pertaining to the GENERAL MAKEUP of a 3rd generation Altima, ask it here.
2) If a member chooses to answer the question, please quote it to keep the confusion to a minimum.
3) NO FLAMING!
4) No SPAM whatsoever.
5) No post-whoring.
6) This is NOT a substitute for using the SEARCH FUNCTION! We are more then fortunate enough to have an administrator that has allowed us to use it so if you feel that your question may have been asked before, just SEARCH!

I'm getting tired of newbs coming on here and making a new thread every single time they have a question. This way they have a single thread to ask their questions in. This is also a simple way to meet the members that have been on the forum for years.

Ask away!

200hp

·
Ctrl-F Yourself
5,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm talking to CHiP about this man. Don't you worry ;)

·
Ctrl-F Yourself
5,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the sticky :love:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have an 03' Atlima and would like to upgrade to lighted side mirrors. The ones with the clear lights / turning lights on the front of them....like on the new maxima.

anyone know where I can buy them, or what other mirrors with those features would fit an 03 altima?

·
Ctrl-F Yourself
5,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately, there aren't any really good/clean choices for this anymore. We used to have a company called Active Tuning that made lights for our side mirrors. They have since gone out of business.

A lot of the members here try to find mirrors that the UAE Altima's use as they are folding side mirrors.

A quick search got me this thread with about the same problem

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/2002-2006-nissan-altima-discussion-2-5-3-5/199694-02-05-nissan-altima-m3-carbon-mirrors-blue-led-4.html

Hope this helps.

200hp

·
Stickers make my car fast
1,328 Posts
Sub'd

·
Super Moderator
9,752 Posts
:) sticky!

·
REDLINE.KULTURA
602 Posts
Hey guys i have a quick question, I dont know if this is just a battery problem or a bad circuit or what it might be. o there are two parts to this question i guess... the first one is.
My driver and passenger side window control, ( on the driver side door so there are the four window switches) ya anyways, whenever i lift it all the way up, so you can feel that i guess second click for the windows to rise alone. When i do that and the windows reach the top (close) it all of a sudden opens up and goes about a quarter ways down... it started happening about half a year ago.. last summer i believe and i never thought to much of it but its turning into quite an annoying thing.. and yes i am that lazy to just hold up the switch until it closes all the way. Does anyone know what might be causing this.. like could there be something inside the top of the window cill and its not closing.. i know some cars have that if its automatically closing and someone or something gets in the way it automatically backs off and opens again. so my thought it that or some knd of bircuit issue.

Secondly My windows seem to take a very very long time to open and close in the winter.. like most windows take about maybe 2 1/2 second or 3 to shut completely i dunno. but mine in the winter atleast take a good 4 to 5 seconds to completely shut. is that normal when its cold or should the weather not be affecting how quickly my windows open or close.

Thanks guys any thoughts would be awesome, sorry for the long question but i figured i would use this thread instead of creating a new one :confused2

·
Snow... what
3,029 Posts
1. Check the manual and see if your year came with pinch protection or something like that. Not sure if the Altima's had it or not. But if it does, the window may just need re-normalized. If its not that, try lubing the window seals with rubber care spray or some kind of lube that isnt sticky and wont smear.

2. Yes thats normal when its cold, mine do the same thing.

·
REDLINE.KULTURA
602 Posts
ill definitely give that a look and try. thanks

·
Ctrl-F Yourself
5,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for using this thread the way it was meant!! I'm truly happy.

As to your first question: it is a huge altima problem. I have not heard of a way to fix this besides opening the door and re-setting the window motor...idk how or where or why that's all i know lol.

Your second question is something that happens to mine in the cold as well. Kinda annoying since its the time I want the windows to close the fastest lol

·
REDLINE.KULTURA
602 Posts
haha anytime i was going to quote "in memory of 200hpAltima" haha jk.

Jeez really. how would you get to actually resetting the motor?

Ya no kidding sorta kills the "drive through" mood for lunch haha

·
Ctrl-F Yourself
5,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes I froze my ass of yesterday at the drive through as well.

I think the reset switch is on the window motor itself which is inside the door panel. Don't take my word as gospel, that's just what I have heard.

Hope this helps man.

·
REDLINE.KULTURA
602 Posts
Thanks ill definitely look into getting that fixed and reset asap. I have another side question.. well its a noise question.
I recently installed a new top and bottom grille on my altima, i can link the picture, anyways ever since ive installed it ive begun hearing this whistling sound coming from my engine whenever im accelerating above about 80kph lets just say whenever i hit highway speed. and when i let off the gas it slowly dies down.. do you think this sound could be coming from the air passing through the new grille?? thats all i can think of becuase i havent touched one part to my engine yet. I thought it could maybe be the beslt but i have had a belt issue before in my old focus (may it RIP) lol and it was a lot worse than this. please let me know if any of you have had this same noise come through after a new grille installation.

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/members/117595-t0nyd1dz-albums445-new-updates-20-jan-2012-picture1285-top-bottom-grille.jpg

·
Ctrl-F Yourself
5,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes the whistling is the air through the grille. I had that problem myself before changing grilles...yet again lol

·
REDLINE.KULTURA
602 Posts
Gosh darn.. Thats a pain.. i really like my new grilles i wouldnt wanna get rid of them... its not a big deal right?? like it wouldnt be causing other issues would it? cause if anything ill just turn up my music and poof! by by whistling sound.

·
Ctrl-F Yourself
5,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No harm. I just turned up my music too lol

1 - 20 of 875 Posts
About this Discussion
874 Replies
122 Participants
Nrl05
Nissan Forums
Welcome to Nissan Club, one of the largest Nissan forum communities. Discussion, reviews, maintenance and more.
Full Forum Listing