The Nissan Club banner

901 - 909 of 909 Posts

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,934 Posts
Then confirm with the dealer (using your VIN) that your car was 'so equipped' with a trip computer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks you Gene. I stole this from you ;)

Rules are simple:
1) NOOBS only! If you have any question pertaining to the GENERAL MAKEUP of a 3rd generation Altima, ask it here.
2) If a member chooses to answer the question, please quote it to keep the confusion to a minimum.
3) NO FLAMING!
4) No SPAM whatsoever.
5) No post-whoring.
6) This is NOT a substitute for using the SEARCH FUNCTION! We are more then fortunate enough to have an administrator that has allowed us to use it so if you feel that your question may have been asked before, just SEARCH!

I'm getting tired of newbs coming on here and making a new thread every single time they have a question. This way they have a single thread to ask their questions in. This is also a simple way to meet the members that have been on the forum for years.

Ask away!

200hp
I have a 05 altima it cranks and wont start. I have changed out the starter, the battery, the crankshaft position sensor and the fuel pump and it still wont start. Any advise?

·
Registered
2005 Altima 2.5 S
3 Posts
Then confirm with the dealer (using your VIN) that your car was 'so equipped' with a trip computer.
So not all 2005's have the outside temp? Oh, I had read that they did. If not, that explains why it isn't there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey folks, got an 06' Altima 3.5 Auto that's running like garbage as of today.

Little background -

Vehicle has 160k miles. I've owned the car for 3 years roughly with no real issues, always had oil changes on time. Only real service done on my end is an aftermarket alternator and I did the inner and outer tie rods. She did throw the Fuel Temp Sensor faulty code p0183 ( I believe) and another code pertaining to transmission shift relay or voltage issue? I figured this was due to my battery terminal falling apart - replaced it about 2 months ago and no codes since.

I'll admit I have no idea when it had a full tune up last and I've put it off due to having to remove the intake for the back spark plugs, just haven't had the time.

I warmed it up per usual this morning for work. Car was idling great, put it into gear and started running really rough like it's being starved of fuel or the plugs aren't firing great. It had OK power under load but at every stop it wanted to die and was really sluggish to get going. On other vehicles with similar symptoms it was typically intake related (MAF, IACV,) or EGR.

Last but not least and may help track down the issue - bad gas mileage 15mpg on average from what the cluster is saying. When I first purchased the car it would typically vary from 21 to 25 depending on driving style.

I don't have a lot of money right now but am willing to test sensors and clean them as needed.

Thanks for the help!

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,934 Posts
Any codes showing?
Can you read realtime short and long term fuel trim %'s from the OBDII?

Cleaning MAF is a good start if it hasn't been done. How about the air filter?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I haven't had a chance to get it hooked up to a scanner yet. I cleared the codes last time the SES light came on, I'll definitely take it by a parts store this week and check it.

I took a chance and decided to try taking it to work today, seemed to run good but not as responsive as usual. Could be something as stupid as bad gas or vapor lock? I always put premium in her.

I don't have any means of doing real-time readings - do obd scanners at parts stores have this option?

Air filter was replaced with the last oil change about 4 months ago.

I think I'll try pulling some sensors/valves and give them a good cleaning and see what happens. I did this a lot on my old Saturn, EGRs needed cleaning like every year as well as the IACV and TPS.

Thanks for the reply as well man.

·
Registered
3 Posts
yes! I have this exact problem! It’s only with my driver side window but when I Pull the window up automatically it closes and then opens a bit and it’s so annoying!

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK, Noob to the forum. I didn't find this in a search. I don't see a repair forum. So I guess I am supposed to ask this here. Hopefully someone can help.

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5L

Car starts and runs fine. Put it in park, turn off the key, engine still runs. So the way to get it to stop that is being used at the moment, is to pull the key out of the switch,step on the brake, put it in reverse. Car shuts down then, put in park, go about your day, it says.

So I have twisted more than a couple wrenches, but this one is a real puzzle to me, any help would be greatly appreciated.

901 - 909 of 909 Posts