The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 536 Posts

·
Still #1 in 2017
5,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*NOOBIES* - The "I AM NEW HERE BUT HAVE A PERFORMANCE RELATED QUESTION" thread

Stole the idea from Maximas.org, but it's a good idea.
Credit to SEmy2K2go & phenryiv1

Rules are simple:
1) NOOBS only! If you have any question pertaining to the PERFORMANCE of a 3rd generation Altima, ask it here.
2) If a member chooses to answer the question, please quote it to keep the confusion to a minimum.
3) NO FLAMING!
4) No SPAM whatsoever.
5) No post-whoring.
6) This is NOT a substitute for using the SEARCH FUNCTION! We are more then fortunate enough to have an administrator that has allowed us to use it so if you feel that your question may have been asked before, just SEARCH!

I'm getting tired of newbs coming on here and making a new thread every single time they have a question. This way they have a single thread to ask their questions in.

Ask away!
Gene

·
Registered
653 Posts
good idea!

Would there be much performance loss with using cattman's b-pipe and stock mufflers over a full cat-back system?

How about sound quality?

·
2 low 4 fat hoes!!!
7,428 Posts
damn you! i was thinking of doing this lol.

seriously im glad this thread is here.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
what dry filter for my fujita intake should i buy next? mines getting old and i just want to get a new one.

Since i have to use a injen hydro shield should i just get a cheap one or like a k&n?

I just wanted to post in this thread too! :) Should be stickied so its seen

·
Registered
160 Posts
what dry filter for my fujita intake should i buy next? mines getting old and i just want to get a new one.

Since i have to use a injen hydro shield should i just get a cheap one or like a k&n?

I'd go with the AEM dryflow. That's what I'm using and it's great. The first intake I had was a cheapo one from ebay with a junk filter. Easiest way to put it was "you get what you pay for". Sure the intake worked but the filter was complete crap. My plan was to use it for a couple thousands miles then replace it with a good filter but then the mounting bracket snapped. Luckily Isomeone on the board was selling NISMO piping for next to nothing so I picked that up and slapped an AEM filter on.

·
Majestic '06 3.5SE, 5 spd
4,007 Posts
Good idea. Maybe it'll also help some of the guys who naturally have flames shoot out their "A" whenever a noob asks any question. You know who you are. I've stood here and watched some poor noobs who didn't know any better go up in a torrent of flame. There was a time in all our lives when we didn't know the difference between crap and shoe polish.

·
Still #1 in 2017
5,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
good idea!

Would there be much performance loss with using cattman's b-pipe and stock mufflers over a full cat-back system?

How about sound quality?
You will get nothing but gains with the cattman's b-pipe but to get all of the power potential from that modification it's best to couple that with a free-flowing exhaust. Alone, it's fine. Together, it's wow.

All an intake is is a pipe with a filter on the end. The gold of EVERY intake is the filter. The better the filter, the better the gains. I say you go with an AMSOIL if you want to stick with dry filters. They have a great reputation and even have one that comes with a velocity stack. Might be a squeeze getting it to fit in the fender well, but if I can do it.. anyone can. :)

so you are saying i cannot ask about blinker fluid? damnit...
I use Redline Synthetic Blinker Fluid. It's pretty cool. Whenever I hit CVTC the blinkers turn red.

I hope everyone realizes that it's not just me answering questions. If you know the answer and see that it hasn't been answered.. go right ahead and answer it. :) This is open for everyone.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Ight thanks i'll look into that, didnt even know they made air filters. I am actually ordering VS for my bike in a few days...so im sure it couldnt hurt on the car either.

I take off the tire and inner wheel well..so changing it out is easy. Need to aim the fogs anyways.

thx

·
search you n00b!!!
3,546 Posts
Ight thanks i'll look into that, didnt even know they made air filters. I am actually ordering VS for my bike in a few days...so im sure it couldnt hurt on the car either.

I take off the tire and inner wheel well..so changing it out is easy. Need to aim the fogs anyways.

thx

OMG.. i know some one who sells AMSOIL stuff.... :wall:

·
Registered
450 Posts
does anyone know if a jwt clutch and fly combo come with an alignment tool. if not does anyone know where i can get one?

·
Still #1 in 2017
5,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
does anyone know if a jwt clutch and fly combo come with an alignment tool. if not does anyone know where i can get one?
All clutch kits come with an alignment tool. Would be stupid not too. Or cheap.

·
Still #1 in 2017
5,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:woot:

just making sure. bc i bought a clutch before on my old civic. and it didnt come with it.

thanks.
If it doesn't, I think just about every automotive shop sells one. Buy it, use it and return it. Easy. :)

·
zoom zoom
2,159 Posts
This seemed like a good place to put this instead of whoring up the forum with a new thread.....so Bully Dog makes good stuff for diesels but I stumbled upon a product they make for Nissans. I thought I would ask if anyone as seen or heard of this. I am just skeptical since the stillen QR-Pro doesn't do much power wise and the 2.5 ecu has only been cracked by one company and achieved 2-3 WHP iirc. I'm not sure what options you 3.5 owners have tuning wise but this just seemed interesting to me. Price tag is a little high but pay to play I suppose, has a 30 day money back guarantee at least.
Bully Dog - Power Pup Gas Nissan 05-09 - 44590 - Downloader for your Nissan Titan, Armada or Infiniti Qx56
Cheaper here.
Never Enough Auto 877-609-6727 - Nissan :: Armada :: 04-07Armada :: Performance & Power :: Chips & Programmers :: Chips/Modules/Programmers :: Bully Dog Power Pup Gas Programmer #44590

·
Majestic '06 3.5SE, 5 spd
4,007 Posts
From what I've read, these only work on the Nissan V8s. No worky on the 2.5 or 3.5. Our ecu will not allow this to work.

·
zoom zoom
2,159 Posts
On Bully Dogs website they state it will for for 05+ 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder altimas. From what I have read so far they recently updated the programmer for other Nissans besides the Titan. Just wish I had the extra $350 or so to try it out. Nice to see a big name company making stuff for Nissan.
NISMO Stuff: Bully Dog Expands Nissan Power Pup Applications...

1 - 20 of 536 Posts