The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 404 Posts

·
DrUnKeN_TiGeR
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here it is fella's! Hopefully, we can get some "sexy" ladies to post in our thread. I know theres gotta' be some women in Colorado who love their alty's like we do!

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
Ladies in altimas... there are a few around. Fort collins "riced out altima" population is growing, but no one seems to post here.

Anyway, i went out to buy a tie for my interview on thursday, and i couldnt find one i liked, so i drove down to flat irons (where gas is $1.45 still). Finally find one i like, and i dont look at the price, i just go pay. Well i should have known better (I was at nordstroms) freeking tie cost $106 after tax. Oh well, it took 3 hours to find it so i just bought it and hope it finds me a job.

School is kicking my ass. I just wish this week was over, good luck on the tests sam.

·
DrUnKeN_TiGeR
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$100 dollars!?!?!?!? Damn Joel, obviously your grant came through!!! :D I got my econ exam in 2 hours, I think its gonna be all right. Anybody take calculus? I am having the "damnest" time with derivatives!

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
You dont want any help from me on calc, i got a C in the class and i had to work for it. Good luck though.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
im in calc right now, if you think its hard, try teaching it to yourself. i dont have a prof, it sucks.

·
DrUnKeN_TiGeR
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any plans for tomorrow guys? I'll be going out with a sexy lady ;) . Any advice on a first time "date" environment? She's very smart, witty, and quick on the trigger if you know what I mean. I was thinking of getting her just one rose (yup', not a dozen b/c I think thats to much - not trying to be cheap either) and a card. I asked her where she wanted to go eat since this kind of happened on the fly. She's the type that becomes really into me when were alone but kind of hesitates when were around our friends.

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
Sam, go for getting it in a vase or wrapped with some other "plant stuff" and it would look cheap at all, its really classy. Well, today was a day. I went to the career fair at CSU, and tomorrow I have 5 job interviews and one today. I posted in off topic about it. Walgreens didnt show up for any of their interviews today, but the other jobs look better anyway.

http://www.altimas.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84755

so if you have any input, shoot away. The Universal Forest Products job is located in windor (spelling) which is what, like 10 min from fort collins? I didnt think i was going to get close to that many people responding, quite scary.

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
Just looked at housing prices in windsor, im going to be driving in from greeley or fort collins. Freeking 1,500 sq ft home costs $400,000. The cheapest one i could find was $275,000, its a condo, and i cant find any apartments to rent in that area.

·
DrUnKeN_TiGeR
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Try finding a place in Greeley and commute to Windsor. Its only a 25 minute drive. But then again, 25 minutes is about the time it takes from Ft. Collins to Windsor as well. :confused:

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
When i was living off harmony in fort collins the drive was about 15 min max... I dont know, i was thinking about some of the new houses that are up off of I-25 and Harmony on the east side of the HWY. They have some nice ones (for a single guy at least) going for around $140,000. I need to look into those.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
im so happy im getting my rims powdercoated for $130 through PFI. soon ill have gunmetal rims.

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
Well, i went and test drove 3 cars today...

A new GTI
A new Celica (GTS)
A new SE-R V-spec

Liked the SE-R, but it felt cheap. I was quick, but i actually like my altima better. Wasnt bad for a price, $17,200 at the nissan on 104th in denver with the audio upgrade and sun roof.

The celica, it was slow. It really was. Nice car, but wasnt impressed at all.

The GTI, im in love. For $21,000 sticker price it had everything (including heated seats). The car is really fast, and the quality of the car is so much better than the nissan or toyota.

Anyway, I have another interview to setup up. Found out the key to make your resume stand out, so if anyone needs resume advice, just talk to me and ill help you come up with a killer resume.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
yeah i cant wait till the car is done will have to get together, it will have the whole dark look to it, gunmetal rims, black wing, black stillen front, maybe the carbon fiber altezzas, and carbon fiber dash.

·
DrUnKeN_TiGeR
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good luck on your interview Joel. Looks like I'll be getting a new car soon. My parent's are going to buy my grandparents a 2003 Toyota Avalon. In exchange, I get to pick up my grandfather's 1999 Toyota Camry. My parent's bought him that car a few years ago with 15 miles on it. Currently, it has 75k (all highway miles, my grandparents like to drive here or do the grand canyon/vegas trips with their buddies :D ). Anyways, the car is like a graduation present to me. Its fully loaded without leather and sunroof. The Altima has treated me well, but its starting to die on me. I got a lot of stuff for the Altima laying around. If you guys want any of it, I'll give you first dibs before it goes into the f/s forum. Heres the list so far . . . .

- Black steering wheel (excellent condition) w cruise control buttons.
- New air bag (grey color).
- New rebuilt alternator.
- 1999 SE-L rims (good condition).
- Pioneer Premier mp-740DEH (Good condition)
- Pioneer 6-disc changer (New)
- Infinity 3-way speakers, 6 1/2 - 6 3/4 (Good Condition)

Thats about it for now. Give me a holla if you guys want any of this stuff. If the Altima gets junked, I'll be stripping it, then you guys could come over and we'll have a "free for all". :)

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
You know what they say, when the car hits the 10 year mark (which is right around the corner)...

I like my altima, but the sucker just keeps breaking. I know of about $2,000 worth of repairs that SHOULD probably be done to it (some of them my "modifications" lol). It still leaks oil or burns it, or something with it. About a quart every 1500 miles so not a big deal, but still, not something i want to drive on business or on spring break (but im going to anyway for spring break). After driving the GTI yesterday, it was all over. The only choice is now between a VR6 or the 1.8T. As soon as i get a job and get myself situated with a place to live, the alty goes. Sam and i probably could put together a pretty decent altima by putting our two altimas together though, lol, christmas colors. Ive had thoughts of trying to sell the altima for about $2000 minus the XM radio (it goes back to stock CD/Tape/Radio.

I could always look at the 3.5SE five speed altima though...

Anyway, congrats sam on the "new" car. Sounds like you got hooked up pretty well!

1 - 20 of 404 Posts