The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've decided once again for GO instead of SHOW, i just cant drive around with a body kit around campus, too many speedbumps that are like 4 inches tall. anyways, whats the best set up guys? which one is more reliable. and i kinda wanna install it myself, save some money. which one is easier to operate. i dont know shit bout N20, help a bro out. thanx guy

·
they call me the butcher
1,975 Posts
im running a nos dry system
it works well
i dont know how easy to instale i didnt do it but
it looks fairly straight foward

·
Die Trying
2,063 Posts
dry is easier to install than wet. With a wet system you have to tap into fuel lines and shit. Without doing the JWT dry set up, the wet is safer but harder to install. The dry would be easier but a little more dangerous.

I recommend the JWT set up, but it's a lot of money, and i know it's hard for some of you as it is. But i feel it's well worth the extra money for extra safety. I'd rather pay a little more now, than a lot more later. Know what i mean?

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1fastaltima said:
dry is easier to install than wet. With a wet system you have to tap into fuel lines and shit. Without doing the JWT dry set up, the wet is safer but harder to install. The dry would be easier but a little more dangerous.

I recommend the JWT set up, but it's a lot of money, and i know it's hard for some of you as it is. But i feel it's well worth the extra money for extra safety. I'd rather pay a little more now, than a lot more later. Know what i mean?
how much is the JWT set up? how big of a shot is possible on my car

·
Registered
26 Posts
dry NOS bad

hurt car

make altima sick

dude, from the little I have read on the subject wet is the way to go without a doubt. Yeah, it costs more, but if you are going to do something, do it right...especially on the Altima.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Siizzzoooo said:
whats the best set up guys? which one is more reliable. and i kinda wanna install it myself, save some money. which one is easier to operate. i dont know shit bout N20, help a bro out. thanx guy
Wet NOS would be better, but ZEX would be the easiest and cheapest way. if you ask me, i'd say go with Wet NOS.

·
350Z
5,899 Posts
Don't get ZEX.

Get the wet kit, direct port if you have the $$$
Dry kit is iffy, some say good, some say bad. Depends on you.

Oh, get NX instead of NOS, will save you from a lot of headaches. We spent a lot of time making stuff work cause it didn't fit the first place.

·
Illest in Nebraska
892 Posts
has it been explained before, the differences between how dry is dangerouse and how wet is safer, if so can anyone point me in the right direction, (meaning victors numbero uno suggestion) I.E. keywords to use, if not anyone mind explaining.

·
Die Trying
2,063 Posts
jwt dry set up 65 shot is $1600 w/ ecu upgrade. This is by far the safest system out there for the Altima even better than any wet kit out there.

They also have a 100 shot for a little more, but not sure exactly how much.

They weren't able to upgrade my 97 ecu, but they were able to make a 95 or 96 ecu work with my car. Siizzzoooo, call them, ask for Ben, and see what he can do for you and your year car. It might be compatible.

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1fastaltima said:
jwt dry set up 65 shot is $1600 w/ ecu upgrade. This is by far the safest system out there for the Altima even better than any wet kit out there.

They also have a 100 shot for a little more, but not sure exactly how much.

They weren't able to upgrade my 97 ecu, but they were able to make a 95 or 96 ecu work with my car. Siizzzoooo, call them, ask for Ben, and see what he can do for you and your year car. It might be compatible.
Nitrous = cheap easy HP, i thinkk not!

·
Die Trying
2,063 Posts
OTB, i met a guy at the track that had a 100 shot for over a year with no internal work but a port and polish. He was runnin 13.6's all day long. He never blew an engine or nothin. It matters how smart you are, and how cautious you are. You can't just slap a 100 shot on there without upgrading some fuel things, but the internals can handle it. I saw it first hand, a 100 dry shot that ran 13.6's for over a year

Siizzzoooo, if you think nitrous = cheap easy hp, then you're destined to blow your engine. It should treated like a turbo. It's all forced induction. Just make sure the fuel system can handle it, and you should be ok with some self control and responsibility. I'm paying a little more for safety and i think it's well worth it.

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
NissanLunatic said:
I haven't really looked into Nitrous Kits too much (not too much interest in AZ) however, I do have a good deal going with ZEX right now, so let me call them and see what I can come up with.
wurd let me know man, god, man im still contemplating Go or Show.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts