The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Traded in Alti!!!
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Nos crazy when u hit it? Like is anyone scared when they hit it? How much of a BOOST is it?

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
Depends on how much of a shot you hit. 50 is apparently a good kick. But 75 would be better, obviously. And so on. I guess 100 shot would throw you back in your seat pretty good.

G

·
0 Posts
MY DAD ALWAYS SAYS "BUCKLE UP SON" THEN THE FRONT OF THE CAR LIFTS ABOUT 20" OFF THE GROUND ITS INSANE

·
Traded in Alti!!!
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ooh ic, i thought like 0 shot, u got fifty uses out of the tank then a 75 u got 75 shots or uses, so what does the shot mean?

·
founding father
3,241 Posts
when people say they have a 60 "shot" that means the jets they are running to shoot the nitrous is at the certain size to give the engine the desired added horsepower. so the jetting of a 50 shot system is smaller than a 125 shot. usually with a 60 shot like i have i should be able to get somewhere in the range of 12-15 quarter mile runs on 1 10 lb bottle. but i don't run it at the track so don't ask what i ran

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm running a 55 hp shot with a Zex kit. The nice thing is one you flip the switch all you have to do is step on it. It's not so much a kick back in your seat, but my tires are now doing all they can to grab for pavement. It's definitely noticeable though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Bullshit!I even have doubts when racing if the bottle is empty, 50shot sucks i want to move to 75 but I dont know if the engine will take it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
wiche said:
Bullshit!I even have doubts when racing if the bottle is empty, 50shot sucks i want to move to 75 but I dont know if the engine will take it.
Can our engine handle 75hp of nitrous

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
wiche said:

Can our engine handle 75hp of nitrous
easy, it'll handle 100 shot. JWT sells a nitrous set up for 100 shot. The only upgrade needed besides the ECU is larger injectors. That's it. And they can be from a 300zx twin turbo. It's a direct swap.

·
what is in a name?
2,731 Posts
how long would a auto tranny hold up with 100shot of juice? or even a 50shot?

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
clo008 said:
how long would a auto tranny hold up with 100shot of juice? or even a 50shot?
depends on how many miles are already on the tranny. But to be honest with ya, i'm not really sure. It also depends on how often you juice it. And which shot you get. There's a lot of different factors here.

It all depends.

it could anywhere from 20,000 to 60,000 to ??? who knows?

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
Here is the deal, a 50 shot means just that... 50 HP (most of the time). A 65 shot should be PLENTY to put you into the 14's if you have a 5 speed altima. If your running a 50 shot and you dont think it is doing anything you got your stuff hooked up wrong, your running the wrong plug/gap, your spray nozzle is pointed the wrong way, your bottle is empty, your fuel filter is clogged, or your just an idiot. You hit a 65 shot in 2nd gear at around 4,000 RPMS and my tires chrip like i just shifted from 1st to 2nd gears when i hit the switch (im talking about the cheap 60 series street tires i run)...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts