The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Hazardously WASTED
3,969 Posts
being its placed before the MAF, im not sure if thats going to give it any problems? might have to drill a hole in the mid pipe after the MAF for that

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Yes, they were advertising that on last weeks
Hi-Rev Tuners. Great idea...long time coming,
but I'm with Altimat...

·
Got HP?!
303 Posts
TweekersAltima said:
lol, i'm not gonna look at the link. I don't believe in Nos tho. Dunno why, I think it's cheating and cheapens the car. Just my opinion tho
I totally agree w/ you. I think "cheating and cheapens" describes it best. A quick fix is all it is.

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
3.5bandit said:
I totally agree w/ you. I think "cheating and cheapens" describes it best. A quick fix is all it is.
Not really a quick fix. American Muscle cars build motors with ports drilled into the head so that they can have direct injection of nitrous. Its easier then running a turbo or s/c and does the same effect when you are running your 8 second 1/4.

Very useful mod, if you think about it, guys that run nos say, look at that guy, he just spent 4grand going all motor, I spent 500 + 40 a tank and I can kick his ass. So is it cheaper or smarter? Up to the user or non user ;)

·
Registered
953 Posts
JBL85 said:
Not really a quick fix. American Muscle cars build motors with ports drilled into the head so that they can have direct injection of nitrous. Its easier then running a turbo or s/c and does the same effect when you are running your 8 second 1/4.

Very useful mod, if you think about it, guys that run nos say, look at that guy, he just spent 4grand going all motor, I spent 500 + 40 a tank and I can kick his ass. So is it cheaper or smarter? Up to the user or non user ;)
In a sense, I agree with JBL85. $4000 goin all motor? DANG!!!
I mean compare $550 to $4000. Big difference. But it really does depend on the driver or user. I thought about it and I realized that, hey, I have a 5speed. I can nos my car now! But nah. Maybe!:D

·
AKA Otto Von Titsling
791 Posts
I would give more respect to a guy who kicked my ass in a race with a car that was all motor the a guy who just added NOS to his car. Here is another point if a person should run out of NOS the car is just bland, no real power. Now that is never a problem with an all motor setup, the speed is there no matter what. I guess what I am saying is that when the bottle is empty, the NOS Superman all of the sudden looks more like Clark Kent.

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
BrandonS said:
I would give more respect to a guy who kicked my ass in a race with a car that was all motor the a guy who just added NOS to his car. Here is another point if a person should run out of NOS the car is just bland, no real power. Now that is never a problem with an all motor setup, the speed is there no matter what. I guess what I am saying is that when the bottle is empty, the NOS Superman all of the sudden looks more like Clark Kent.

That is debatable though. Thats like saying just because I can afford it, I should have all the fun. In the long run, in 5 years, say you use your NOS 1-2 times a month racing someone. It is a lot more economical then dumping 4g's into a motor, like taking a GSR motor and fully rebuilding it to 220hp to the wheels. where as my 2.5s can do that with a 60 shot of NOS (arguments sake, bare with me). When he goes to sell the car in 3-5 years, he loses 4 grand. I lose nothing esentially if I take out my NOS and left my intake and exhaust on. I had just as much fun kickin ass in races, so....this is one of those its your own opinion things. Personally I like nawssss thats why I am arguing for it. I was considering installing a Nitrous kit, but then I got lazy and not enough aftermarket for this car....yet... so maybe if I dont go FI, I will go with Nitrous. May be cheap, but "if bottles are for babies, why are all the grown men crying" :p

·
AKA Otto Von Titsling
791 Posts
I'm not aruging the money aspect of the debate. NOS is cheaper, that is a fact. I just feel that the money and comitment need to make an all motor setup is more worthy of respect. Fast is fast, how you get there is up to you.

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
BrandonS said:
I'm not aruging the money aspect of the debate. NOS is cheaper, that is a fact. I just feel that the money and comitment need to make an all motor setup is more worthy of respect. Fast is fast, how you get there is up to you.
Well true, but even people with built motors will run nitrous. My friend had a built 25B, bored to 2.7 liters with a 50 shot of Nitrous, helped his turbo spool faster. So turbo, build and nitrous....one of them or all of them, all respectable mods. I respect people that use nitrous because of the risk factor in blowing a motor.

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
JBL85 said:
That is debatable though. Thats like saying just because I can afford it, I should have all the fun. In the long run, in 5 years, say you use your NOS 1-2 times a month racing someone. It is a lot more economical then dumping 4g's into a motor, like taking a GSR motor and fully rebuilding it to 220hp to the wheels. where as my 2.5s can do that with a 60 shot of NOS (arguments sake, bare with me). When he goes to sell the car in 3-5 years, he loses 4 grand. I lose nothing esentially if I take out my NOS and left my intake and exhaust on. I had just as much fun kickin ass in races, so....this is one of those its your own opinion things. Personally I like nawssss thats why I am arguing for it. I was considering installing a Nitrous kit, but then I got lazy and not enough aftermarket for this car....yet... so maybe if I dont go FI, I will go with Nitrous. May be cheap, but "if bottles are for babies, why are all the grown men crying" :p
get it, i wanna see what happens when my engine blows....naw, j/m

get it and show me the power of the NAWZ!:p Let's see what our engines can do

·
AKA Otto Von Titsling
791 Posts
Well true, but even people with built motors will run nitrous. My friend had a built 25B, bored to 2.7 liters with a 50 shot of Nitrous, helped his turbo spool faster. So turbo, build and nitrous....one of them or all of them, all respectable mods. I respect people that use nitrous because of the risk factor in blowing a motor.
I was just thinking the same thing. Why does it have to be one or the other? NOS or build. I think that both in addtion to each other is actually is the best of both worlds. Good street speed, and a boost when at the track. All of the fun with a little money saved. This is a good thread, made me think about things in a new way.

·
18" SHOES
308 Posts
JBL85,
I totally agree w/ you that speed is what it's all about and how you get there is besides the point. I do feel that NOS on a factory engine is a very bad idea though. One who goes w/ NOS should really consider changing engine componests such as valves and springs, pistons, clutch, rods, and cams. If you changed all those parts, added a turbo and I NOS setup I don't see why a 2.5 wouldn't be putting out a cool 350 hp. Since they haven't made all of these available for our cars I wouldn't do it. Oh yeah, the only people who think NOS is cheating are those who have been beaten by it (just sturring up tempers).

·
Registered
79 Posts
with all the tourqe steer already in this car, it seems to me NO2 would make it impossible to keep the car on the road. i already crap myself everytime i punch it and my car tries to hurl itself into the ditch/tree/phone pole/car in the next lane.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts