The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a good thing... please help...

My bug deflector that came with the car smashed today when a rock hit it (while driving). I think these cold days lately havent helped. Anyhow, I never really liked the thing anyhow (the dealership threw it in at purchase) so what I want to do is remove it completely. Not a big deal BUT there are these little rubber knobs on my hood to seperate the deflector from the hood (no rubbing) and I want to remove them. Plus there is some type of protecting clear tape on the sides of the hood as well. So what I am looking for is suggestions for removale of that stuff. I know that all of it is attached with some sort of tape backing and not glue (thank god). So anyone have any suggestions for removal techniques? cleaners to clean the gluey substance off afterwards without hurting the clearcoat?

I want to get on this right away, half a bug deflector ( let alone a whole one) looks like a dog's breakfast... please give a hand to a needy friend :)

- Nic

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok a rock sounds really big, maybe it was a stone anyhow it destroyed the bug deflector...

·
Beware The Big Fish
160 Posts
try using a heat gun or a blowdryer to heat up the adhesive then try to remove with a credit card. once removed there is a product called "GOOF-OFF" that will remove any residue. GOOF-OFF can be bought at any auto parts store for about $5. hope this helps..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
great thanks I will give it a whirl tommorow... I wont use my Visa...lol
-Nic

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes and dont think I am stupid because my trunk has no badges BUT I was hit from behind and the trunk was replaced, when they did that I had them leave the badges off and just give them to me for when I sell the car. I am really not a dumb as I may look! :)

- Nic

1 - 6 of 6 Posts