The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
My little champion...
4,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just cruising at about 55mph in a 45mph zone minding my own business and happened to pass a car.

All of a sudden the person speeds up and starts pacing me--I look over and its a Ford Probe GT. The driver then proceeds to take off, so I say OH HELL NO!!!!!--downshift to 2nd and took her up to about 80(yeah I rung her out). Lets just say it wasn't pretty... he committed suicide... his own death!!!

I let the car coast back to about 45, and the person must have been humbled because they didn't come closer again...

I still don't get it--know your competition... Why do some people even bother? I don't go around trying to race cars that are out of my league... If they want to play I'll play along, but I am not starting anything with something that I'll lose to.

·
My little champion...
4,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anthunny said:
164hp probe gt y0

they are ok for their time, some of them I've seen perform as well as GSR's

low mid 15s car if driven well
I dunno, but I feel you're being a bit too OPTIMISTIC about the Probe's capabilities. A Mazda 6 manual is probably a 14.8-15.1 second car if driven well and it has MUCH more HP. Also a 5SPD Maxima from 1995-1999 is a low 15 second car if driven properly, and will do mid 15s if not driven properly...

I left that probe like it was standing still so there is NO WAY its a low-mid 15 second car, more like a mid-high 15 second car.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
low mid 15s sounds too good for that lil piece of junk. i hate mag times...

·
Banned
413 Posts
A douce at my old HS had one of those, he thought he was the shit, the thing was slow and ghey. The kid was so dumb that he would drive the car even though it was mising one or two of the lugnuts on some of the wheels, said he was to lazy to tighten them down properly. (yeah I went to school with some REALLY stupid people).

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
KeVQ35 said:
Whats up MaD! When you going to provide us with another story with pics?

Any racing going on lately?
ahhaha read up on some infinitis are born equal, but some are more equal then others. haha other than that, not really too many races :D
me and my friend did get pulled over by 4 squad cars on malibu today, apparently we were driving "eratically" on the canyon and someone called and ratted on us. the cops checked if we were drunk or high then split us appart. luckily me and my friend think alike so we gave the cops the same fake story without planning it. :D sorry for thread jack

·
My little champion...
4,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MaDdFLaSheR said:
ahhaha read up on some infinitis are born equal, but some are more equal then others. haha other than that, not really too many races :D
me and my friend did get pulled over by 4 squad cars on malibu today, apparently we were driving "eratically" on the canyon and someone called and ratted on us. the cops checked if we were drunk or high then split us appart. luckily me and my friend think alike so we gave the cops the same fake story without planning it. :D sorry for thread jack
Damn, I always wonder about that sometimes. Since cell phones are so READILY available, everyone has one. I always think about someone calling about my driving and reporting me as aggressive. Yes there are times when I become aggressive. Like when the speed limit is 45, and someone starts off from the traffic light and maintains 25-30mph in a 45mph zone for about 1/8 of a mile. I just change lanes and PULL AWAY steaming...

Or when people are going somewhere but happen to turn on the wrong street (too early). They see me coming quickly but still pull out in front of me and put the indicator on to turn right as soon as they get back on the road.

This just gets my goat, because MOST of the time, there's NO CARS BEHIND ME... As if they couldn't have waited... jerks!!!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
the beautiful thing is that even if someone reports you in, the cops cant prove that you did anything wrong. in your case we know who called us in, 2 lanes merged into 1 and became a canyon. this one idiot pick-up with a buncha shit in the back wouldnt let us pass so my friend had no choice but to cut in. that ****er tailgated us for a while then he fell back a little, im guessing this is when he made the call. he followed us until the cops pulled up to him behind us and he pointed at our car then we got pulled over. what a prick, i honestly wanted to take my tiger knife at that moment and shank him!

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
nice kill those guys are slow unless seriously modded.... knew a guy who had one running low 13s with a ecu edit program on the bottle... that was a sweet sleeper...

·
My little champion...
4,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Grimm_Reaper38 said:
nice kill those guys are slow unless seriously modded.... knew a guy who had one running low 13s with a ecu edit program on the bottle... that was a sweet sleeper...
Now racing something like that on the street would be a wake up call. hehehehe. I decided to mod, so that things like that don't happen TOO FREQUENTLY. A RSX-S pulled on me, but he was FAR from stock. Thats when I realized it was time to step up the game.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Probe Gts are actually very quick cars, my friend has a red 93 and with his blow clutch he runs 15.1 in the 1/4. There is also a another guy i know which own a mx6 ( same car basicly ) and with inerior removed he ran 14.8 , pretty good for a car with 300,000 somewhat km on it.
Apperently my friend says some of there 2.5l v6 motors came with aggressive cams from the factory.

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
Good kill.

one of those tried to get me to race him on the highway the other night in moderate/heavy traffic. He had at least an exhaust as far as I could tell. I was not about to race someone on a highway that was that congested, but he kept trying to accelerate hard away from me. I personally was not impressed. his car didnt accelerate too well compared to mine when im not juicing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts