The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Back to the basics
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aight boys I was goin to change my spark plugs today and then I noticed there was oil in my first spark plug and none of the others. I need to try to figure out what this could be so I dont run into any trouble later on I would really like to get this fixed asap. Thanks guys - Mike

·
Registered
60 Posts
Dude I went through the same thing last summer when i killed my exaust valves. Get a dianogistic from Nissan first. It is rear annoying to get the head off to get the gasket. Im very mechanical savvy and it took nearly 12-13 hrs to remove the head and twice that to assemble...with many annoyances.

·
Deviate from the norm
132 Posts
Valve cover gasket... not head gasket. You don't need to remove the head to replace the valve cover gasket... just the valve cover. Easy job.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yeah...sry i miss read, ya the valve cover is easy.

·
clean freak
3,377 Posts
I had the same problem over and over again. I kept replacing the damn gasket and it kept leaking. Ultimately, I bitched enough to Nissan that they replaced my valve cover and have not had a problem since.

To get the extra oil out, long screwdriver, plus q-tips taped to the end. Thats how I got it out the several times I had to do it. sounds ghetto, but it worked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts