The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
c'old man winter
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i realize this is not an altima tranny, but its a 93 acura integra ls 4dr. got 140 hp enine blabla so similar to aly, has lock up clutch automatic 4 speed tranny. unfortunately, the overdrive gear(a.k.a. 4th gear) does not come on. any ideas ? ppl who had this happen to them in any car, let me know the solution you have. I really would appreciate it. (no theres no od button like we have in frist gen).

-Pass

·
Evil Member
1,906 Posts
just some simple questions to maybe make your problem easier to answer

1. How fast are you driving? (i know in some cars that i've driven that 3rd gear will get really really high in rpms until i get to a certain speed before it changes)

2. Have you checked the tranny fluids?

3. Have you tried getting on the interstate and just flooring it to see if you could get it to change?

I know i'm not of much help, can't blame me for trying though:(

·
c'old man winter
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for ur help. none of ur suggestions work since im not that stupid haha but thanks man. yeah, anyone else know?
i dont take it personal/blame u for trying to help i appreciate the thought and time u put in atleast trying ppl!

-Pass

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
clogged filters will keep slushboxes from shifting. not enough fluid will too, but im sure you covered that. is that type of tranny fully electronic? is it solenoid controlled? id bet either on the filter or a bad solenoid somewhere. what about the ecu? does it cover tranny related problems as well? im not really answering any questions, im just trying to point you in a direction. good luck!

·
c'old man winter
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you forthe feedback.

ok, i am not taking the side its electronic. it an acura integra 1993 LS (4 dr) automatic. i believe the car have shift solenoid. i dont see how the filter could be clogged with so little miles on the car. this problem has been present since at least as early as 50 K miles(only 59K miles on it now). all the other suggetions im not sure on, but will KEEP A NOTE OF. I was 'hoping' someone knew exactly who had this car and this prob, or has this prob exactly and had a direct fix. though, i also like the possibilities ive been given (other than the o/d button person -- I said that is not even in this car in my first post! :) )

danke sone,
Pass

·
c'old man winter
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have. just today, following a post here's advice, i went to honda-tech.com. its good... but have nt foudn it yet... still sorting through alll the posts...

-Pass

1 - 9 of 9 Posts