The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking over my car and cehcking all the features then i checked the cigarette lighter and there is no cig lighter only a plastic cap. is it normally like that or they put it there so the real ones dont get stolen or what. just curious if im supposed to have one ill go get it fromt he dela.

·
*Donating Member* Member
878 Posts
Actually, I believe these are really only 12v sockets, and it is not advised that you buy a lighter element and use it in the socket. I remember reading it somewhere--in the manual maybe.

·
Ar Dont Do That
297 Posts
I make it my buisness to get involved with people smoking around me,

ill be a real asshole and cough right next to you.

N e way, im glad nissan didnt put lighters in my car, if anyone smoked in my new car and destroyed the new car smell, or the awesome fresh leather smell (that i will keep forever cause i clean it once a weak), id shove a pack up there ass lol.

One thing i dont like is that the 12v socket doesnt work when the car is off so i cant charge my phone, what a pain...

·
hello
3,517 Posts
Yea i dont plan on having smoking in my car neither. BUT! its just the principle of the matter! even the max gets a damn cig lighter :angry2:

·
Registered
833 Posts
Well, mine came with too much air in the tires so I figured that balanced out with no lighter.
Also the last new rental that I got that had a lighter in it, didn't have one when I turned it in.

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
a couple months after i first got my car i smoked a few cigs in it...but then coming out the next day and it still smelled like smoke, i didn't like that. So I no longer smoke in my car or allow others to smoke even tho they try and convince me. Makes it a pain tho when you are stressin' and want a cigarette.

Premierdrumm3r - if you came up to me and started coughin' like a smartass i'd blow smoke in your face. There is no need to be a rude smartass! Just thought that i'd say that being a part time smoker:p

·
M W S
1,274 Posts
net.altima said:
Nissan permotes not smoking so its an option for about 20$
in other words= budget cuts nissan is cheapning
i'm happy nissan kept the cig lighter and save me the 20 bucks.

·
1,873 Posts
TweekersAltima said:
...................Premierdrumm3r - if you came up to me and started coughin' like a smartass i'd blow smoke in your face. There is no need to be a rude smartass!

My thoughts EXACTLY! ;)

·
Irish Designated Driver
223 Posts
There's a "smoker's kit" that's available for every car except the damn Altima. It's an insert for your tray and/or cup holder and a lighter for your 12v. But it's not available for Altima for some reason. Been keepin tabs. Any smoker's find an alternative? At least so I can put out and stash a Mild that I only wanted half of.

Jessica

·
Proud '02 owner
2,852 Posts
premierdrumm3r said:
I make it my buisness to get involved with people smoking around me,

ill be a real asshole and cough right next to you.

N e way, im glad nissan didnt put lighters in my car, if anyone smoked in my new car and destroyed the new car smell, or the awesome fresh leather smell (that i will keep forever cause i clean it once a weak), id shove a pack up there ass lol.

One thing i dont like is that the 12v socket doesnt work when the car is off so i cant charge my phone, what a pain...

I love people like you it gives me a reason to blow smoke at you

·
Ar Dont Do That
297 Posts
sorry, grandparents died of lung cancer and emphasema

watched mom try not to cry while she took care of them when i was like 7, so its hard to see people kill themselves =T

·
*Altimate member*
206 Posts
Welz folks i think the real hint Nissan
gave us in their "no smoking Promotion"
was that they didn't even bother to install an
Astray.I wonder, how much is that option and where
do you put it?
aloha,
dennis

1 - 20 of 21 Posts