The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey I just bought the intrax springs for mt Altima. They are going to drop it 1.75 inces...do you guys think that it will look alot different? I cant really tell by the pics in the gallery unless they are on the ground. Is that drop noticible? just wondering what to expect

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
djsassan said:
a drop is noticeable...with 1.75, it will be there more than if it was just 1.2
what do you mean more with 1.2? So a 1.75 inch drop is not as noticible as a 1.2...Im not understanding you

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
it is noticeable, check out this pic.............

mikes old car on the left had intrax, mine in the middle has sprint and creatures on the right is stock height........

now mine is more noticeable than mikes but his was definitely better than stock height

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
even from the side, there's a big diff. 1.2 is like my eibachs...i can stick 2 fingers between tire and fender. 1.75 should be like 1 finger.
Nobody knows my car's lowered. Even if I ask them "does my car look lowered" and nobody says "yes".
Jay

·
Tofu Shop Owner
888 Posts
ThurzNite said:
even from the side, there's a big diff. 1.2 is like my eibachs...i can stick 2 fingers between tire and fender. 1.75 should be like 1 finger.
Nobody knows my car's lowered. Even if I ask them "does my car look lowered" and nobody says "yes".
Jay
Yeah Jay. LOL Your car doesn't look lowered. I thought you were on Stock Springs until you told me you had Eibachs. Remember?

I don't know how much my car is lowered, but I have a small fender-gap in the front and the rear. I think that it looks like a "stock" drop... like how stock BMW 3-Series all have small fender-gaps.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1636127&a=12516057&p=47784374&Sequence=0&res=high

If you got stiffer springs, you'll notice the ride difference more than you notice the car is lower... but you WILL notice the seat is lower the first time you get into your car. :D I totally missed the driver's seat the first time I got back into my car.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool Im glad Ill notice a difference.....will it be a bouncy ride? how are the intrax springs, I hope not too bad..anyone have them?

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
intrax are progressive, like eibach pro-kit (eibachs on groundcontrol coilovers are linear). Rides like stock for normal cruising, but when you take turns, you definitely notice the increased spring rate and the car won't roll as much.
Jay

·
Tofu Shop Owner
888 Posts
I wish changing the spring-rates was as easy as it is in Gran-Turismo. My Springs are great on the track, but they do get a little rough on long drives.

·
Registered
822 Posts
ThurzNite said:
Jay
i think they lower it more than that cause with my car beside a stock one it looks slamed but the body kit may add to that

it could be all the weight from my system and all that too

1 - 13 of 13 Posts