The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
the trailer's rockin
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
,y car has now gotten to where it won't start at all. i can hear it trying to crank, but it just won't fire up. it's been doin this for about three day, but i haven't had time to mess with it, since we just had a baby. i know i have a problem with my torque converter solenoid valve, since i'm gettin that code from my mil. but now it just won't start. a few days ago it would fire up, only rev to about 500 rpm then sputter and die, even with the accelerator depressed. i tried searching, but found way too many diff possibilities. anybody got a good suggestion? i've got a mech that wants to look at it before i go to the tranny shop, but i need to get it runnin, since i don't wanna pull it about 10 miles to his shop!

·
VTEC wont save you....
6,411 Posts
Have you tried popping the clutch if you a 5speed just to get it to the shop?Otherwise,just pay the towing charges.

·
the trailer's rockin
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's an auto, so i can't pop the clutch. i just checked my dist cap, since i saw that pop up a lot in the other threads i read, but it appears to be in good shape (no cracks or oil on it), and all my plug wires are on good.

·
VTEC wont save you....
6,411 Posts
Check ECU for codes?

Did you just check the top of dist or did you check the rotor also?

Check spark plug wires.

Trying to help man.

·
the trailer's rockin
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the only ecu code i'm gettin is about my tranny, plug wires are good, i only checked the dist cap. if i could get my car back into my garage, it'd be a lot easier to check everything else

·
87 octane evangelist
317 Posts
turn the key to the on position and listen for the fuel pump

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm having almost the same exact issue with a 94. Its in descent shape and runs fine. Then all of a sudden the check engine light came on and wouldn't rev of a 1k and it died, cranked a bit and started up and drove fine then died at a stop light and that was all she wrote. If anyone knows anything please help.

Devil :angry2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
well i had my 93 gxe altima stall out when i was driving it would start back up but then I thought nothing of it so i went a week and it was running fine till one day it stalled out on me on my way home. I found out it was a prob with the spark plugs oil had got on them and I was told if too much condisation gets on the spark plugs it can cuse it not to start. Im not sure if you are having the same problem but you might want to check out the spark plugs. Clean them up and see if it will start. I just put new ones in my to be safe.

·
It's almost over now!!
3,660 Posts
one...don't bump old threads...
if you have an actual problem post a "help me" thread...
I'm guessing it can be one of two things. either your alternator is shitting the bed, the voltage regulater is prolly shot in it and not keeping enough power for draw.

or your distributor is going...mine did the exact same when it was going...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts