The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
§è~® f®ÈÄk
13,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For this TSB, has anyone replaced only the tensioner? Is this a lot less work than doing the entire job? Can it be done easily with the engine in the vehicle? I know that top plate can be removed a lot easier than doing the entire job, but is that where the tensioner sits?

·
Shaving My Shoulders
3,537 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
You need to replace the secondary timing chains also, since they are the root cause of the problem.

The only shortcuts to this job is to use the ring gear stop tool as the TSB describes, this avoids having to remove the valve covers and intake manifold, saving a couple of hours of work.

It can be done with the engine in the vehicle, only the outer timing cover needs to be removed. Its very tight in space but possible.

I did this job on my 05, let me know if you need any help.

·
Registered
730 Posts
You need to replace the secondary timing chains also, since they are the root cause of the problem.

The only shortcuts to this job is to use the ring gear stop tool as the TSB describes, this avoids having to remove the valve covers and intake manifold, saving a couple of hours of work.

It can be done with the engine in the vehicle, only the outer timing cover needs to be removed. Its very tight in space but possible.

I did this job on my 05, let me know if you need any help.
How much $ did you spend and how long did it took you to do it?
Arturo

·
§è~® f®ÈÄk
13,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Seems like the same sound as mine bruh. I've been driving on it like that for like 2 months now though.... I got a quote for $800 to get it done, if you were up here I'd hook you up with shops info.

·
Shaving My Shoulders
3,537 Posts
^Thanks man...I wish I were elswhere 1/2 the time with all my shit...I needed to know how long I had before I risk motor fatility or something scary. Been doing research and calling shops all morning.

:banghead: with the plugs, tires and brakes I'm in for $1200 already with it in the past month or so. All were necessary, I know but I don't need this now :bawl:

·
Shaving My Shoulders
3,537 Posts
Yeah it sounds like a damn plane (or the power steering on an old Crown Vic or something)...

G/L with yours, nismos. When you get it done let me know how it worked out - I'll do the same.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts