The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
-Brooks Sports-S1Tires-
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

just wnat to know am i be able to pass the NY inspection if i have McCULLOCH HID 8000k??

one of my frined fail the NY inspection due to there is no high beam and low beam for her car(she has ecliips). and the inspector said this is not approved.....???

thx

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I'm not sure I understand why you don't have highbeams in the firstplace? Why wouldn't you want them? I thought the HIDs were lowbeam only and the regular brights were left alone?

·
9:15
2,688 Posts
Why god why .. 8K !?
. . not to sound like a dick but. . I don't want people with 8K caps driving around . . shits annoying, and rice. I don't know what the specifics are in NY but to Tdoyle, with the way that some kits' wiring is configured, you might lose the high-beam function entirely. . others the high-beam loses its independent function .. meaning, you can't "flash" your highs without your low-beams coming on, which is not good for xenons. . I mean, other than the 8K factor, assuming you still have your high-beam functional in some way, I don't see why you wouldn't pass ? Unless whoever is inspecting your car is up on their shit & knows about HID "kits" and their illegality :dunno:

·
CoatKnee
555 Posts
we need pics of 8k and we need more clarification... it seems like people drop coin on things they dont know about you know

what ever happened to changing out the bulbs... hahahaha

·
cruiser
1,016 Posts
I think there is some confusion with your friend. Its not the inspectors thats gonna bust them but the cops. One simple way the cops are able to tell from aftermarket HID's (which are illegal) from OEM is by asking drivers to turn on their high beams. Luckily, our cars are not wired in a way that our we lose our high beam if we install aftermarket HID's. So in other words, we have nothing to worry about.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts