The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres the problem, i have this year 2000 altima with 45k miles on it, anyways sometimes the odometer works and sometimes it doesnt, when i start driving it works, i check the tranny connector and the harness on the back of the speedo unit, all fine, sometimes but not everytime when i start the car the o/d light flashes, you guys think this is some electrical proelm since my speedo doesnt work, or its somethign in the tranny, because i want to get this fixed under warranty, and i hope this would go under the 60k power train warranty

·
Registered
145 Posts
^^^^you love sending people to the dealership or wherever they go something worked on dont ya?

·
Resident NICO Mod
5,972 Posts
The O/D light flashing means that the transmission is in failsafe mode...aka limp home mode. It happens mostly after the tires have been spinning on snow and then the brakes are suddenly applied. Once you shut the car off the transmission will switch out of failsafe mode. If you have a transmission code your "check engine" light will light up. Stored tranny codes will trigger the CEL.

·
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
but wat bout my speedo not working until the car warms up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts