The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
No, I am not a newb
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MOnday, my "service engine soon" light came on. I went to the dealer & asked them to check it, they told me that my oxygen sensor was bad, so they replace it & the exhaust manifold "Cover".....Then Wendesday, the light cam on again....& this time they siad the Exhaust Manifold itself was the problem & now they are going to order a new one to replace it.......

ANYONE else have this problem........

At least they are going to give me a new car to drive for the day....

·
Registered
432 Posts
2.5 or 3.5

·
No, I am not a newb
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2.5 Auto

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Wow!
Never heard of this one...
I don't know what could go wrong
with the exhaust manifold...:confused:

It's a pretty basic part..crack or leak maybe?
I dunno!!!
Keep us posted...

·
No, I am not a newb
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well, UPdate... I just got my car back, &the service guy told m that there was some Carbon Buildup & that is what made the light come on, & contribute to the manifold being replaced. When I asked him how or why it happened, he said that he thought is was because of the coating ong the o2 sensor, appartnely it is coated in Ceramic seomwhere on the sensor, & he believes that is broke off or melted & got caught in the filter on the catalytic converter......

I really hav no idea what he was talking about, so make you own decisions.....

At Least is was fixed....

·
Registered
176 Posts
This is the 2nd time I heard of this complaint with the 02 and manifold. I am trying to get more info on it from a guy at Nissan I know.

·
Registered
22 Posts
the mechanic told me there is a recall on o2 sensor...mine melted the o2 and clogged up my cat..the cause??? the heat shield from the exhaust manifold...it was building so much heat that it melted my o2 sensor...

·
No, I am not a newb
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
elnino813 said:
the mechanic told me there is a recall on o2 sensor...mine melted the o2 and clogged up my cat..the cause??? the heat shield from the exhaust manifold...it was building so much heat that it melted my o2 sensor...
That is exactly what the guy at the dealership told me was the cause of mine going bad too!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts