The Nissan Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know from the experts..or those who claim to be...I am hooking up a Air/Fuel Gauge and need to know which wire goes to the O2 Sensor from the ECU. Fatdaddy66 gave me some great info but i cant seem to find the correct wire..I have the Power and the Neg hooked up so it lights up all nice and pretty but doesnt do much..I really dont want to run a wire out of the cabin all the way to the sensor, so any help is greatly appreciated..

Thanks

Shadow
BTW.. 99 Altima GXE 5speed

·
552nd Aircraft Maint. Sq.
361 Posts
You will see a white wire w/ a red stripe in the upper right hand corner of the ECU harness. Count four wires to the left of that. It should be a black wire w/ a white stripe (Camshaft Position Sensor Wire) The white wire below that is the oxygen sensor wire. Don't run a wire directly to the oxygen sensor for two reasons. 1) It is my understanding that you'll obtain a better reading from the ECU harness wire anyway. 2) The oxygen sensor uses shielded wiring.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome...

Fatdaddy... Thanks for the reply I found the wire, hooked it up and it worked perfectly...now it shows that im running on the rich side on WOT (Wide open throttle) that'll even out as the mods come along...only problem is that my check engine light has come on :angry2: Any Ideas? Let me know...

Thanks

Shadow

·
Die Trying
8,136 Posts
Re: Awesome...

Shadow said:
Fatdaddy... Thanks for the reply I found the wire, hooked it up and it worked perfectly...now it shows that im running on the rich side on WOT (Wide open throttle) that'll even out as the mods come along...only problem is that my check engine light has come on :angry2: Any Ideas? Let me know...

Thanks

Shadow
glad everything worked out for ya, i hope to do mine this weekend. BTW, it's supposed to run rich at WOT, all cars do. That's normal

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1fastaltima,

It was fairly easy once i found the wires...go to discount auto and get the wire taps that have the slide in connectors...makes life so much easier. I think they ran about $2 or so. Just have patience and take your time...the wires are tightly bound in there... Good Luck..post pics when you done..

Fatdaddy66,

Thanks..I'll look that up...

Shadow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.