The Nissan Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was wondering to know if I can read faulty codes for both engine and transmission with the simple wifi OBD scanner? There are some cheap (20-30$) wifi scanners in the market...
Has anyone used the wifi model on nissan altima 2002-2006?

Btw, is it possible to have faluty code with NO service engine light or sth?

Thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
I Have the cheapo orange ones that go for like 15-20 on amyzon/ebay. You get codes and its pretty basic. I got the cheapo wireless thing, and it works fine for me, but some say it doesn't. I think mine was like $11. You can get the free Torq app (or other free ones) but I hear torq is the best. There is also a paid version. I haven't played with all the features, but it has several. I'd invest in that tbh.

And you could clear the codes but still have the issues. For ex. I clear the codes in my mothers car. Drive 25 miles or so, and then get the state inspection. I've done that the past 2 or 3 yrs. She's had the p0420 (catalytic converter) code for like 5 yrs now. Car still runs fine, but may have issues at any time. Before clearing the code, we always paid $70 to get it to pass inspection. Now, after like 100 (or 150 I think), the codes will come back on if you haven't fixed the issue. But I think there is a system that can pull the code even if the light was cleared.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts